DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

1000mbps LAN Connection

More
18 Mar 2014 18:05 #79390 by mjd70
1000mbps LAN Connection was created by mjd70
Hi there,
I've recently installed a Vigor 2860 to which I've attached an Apple Airport Extreme Wireless device via Ethernet. I was wondering if anyone on this board could advise as to why the LAN connection is not making 1000mbps?
Both devices are 1000mbps compliant and there is Cat5 cable in place between the Vigor and Apple Airport Extreme.
Any guidance on this would be really appreciated.
Thanks,
MJD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Mar 2014 11:23 #79399 by nick101
Replied by nick101 on topic Re: 1000mbps LAN Connection
How are you testing the speed between the two?

More
19 Mar 2014 11:48 #79400 by mjd70
Replied by mjd70 on topic Re: 1000mbps LAN Connection
On the dashboard via the webapp I'm only getting an orange connection which appears to indicate a less than optimum connection, 10/100mbps?

More
19 Mar 2014 18:41 #79408 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: 1000mbps LAN Connection
Not remember what orange means ... maybe 100mb but can change it manually if you go at wan>general set up>whatever wan you are using ( i am guessing wan 2) > set Physical Type to 1000M full duplex

More
19 Mar 2014 18:57 #79409 by mjd70
Replied by mjd70 on topic Re: 1000mbps LAN Connection
I have this connected to a LAN1 port not a WAN2, perhaps this is my error as I can't see a way of changing the duplex speed for the LAN ports.

More
19 Mar 2014 20:08 #79410 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: 1000mbps LAN Connection
EDIT

At the Lan leds (hardware on the unit)
Left led next of Lan:
if is on (green) the lan port is connected
If Off is disconnected
If blinking is transmitting

Right led next of Lan:
if green is connected to 1000M
if not green (off) is connected to 100M

Ethernet Port at dashboard

Black is disconnected
Green port is connected (with Giga transmission
rate) physically
Orange port is connected physically

my guess is if: & at the hardware right led next of lan is not green (is off) then yes is connected with 100M so the dashboard will indicate it with orange

so you are using the 2860 only as access point?? no vdsl/adsl/other routing? are both wan's turned off/disable?

You can see the full duplex if you go at wan>general set up>Physical Type and scroll down the window where it says auto navigation, but needs to enable the wans maybe this will help to set the lan ports at 1000M ... i have the feeling (so i can be wrong) it needs combination to work with wan as giga and may not work full gigas as a switch only

if you using the 2860 as only access point (wan's disable no vdsl or adsl) i think it will stay connected at 100M only (but i can be mistaken) because i ' m sure at drayteks the lans are auto-sensing

Moderators: Sami