DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2820Vn Unable to access web management

• puregeordie
  • Topic Author
More
22 Apr 2014 11:08 #79723 by puregeordie
Hi Chaps, Ok, this router is working OK apart from I cannot access it via the web?

If I switch off/on I can suddenly acces it for about 10-30secs then it stops as though its not there, I can ping it OK and it seems to work fine accessing the internet and all other remote sites can access it fine etc, so what's going on?

I don't want to have to reset it or try and upgrade firmware as it does work and don't want to make it worse, also if I do do that It might be the same and I'll be stuck!

I can access it via the telnet but Again it seems to stop responding after a short period,

Any remedies please, thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Apr 2014 11:21 #79724 by babis3g
you can try System Maintenance >> Management>allow internet access and also at System Maintenance >> Admin Setting if there are any local user options to try set if will help you

If this not works and you have updated in the past firmware with out using the *rst* file extension it may passed to the newer firmware bugs

Also with the 2820 series the upgrade sometimes can be tricky because if will be any future update apart the *rst file (which needs to be in use) must take notice and the following released notes

IMPORTANT NOTE: Do not upgrade directly from 3.3.5 (and earlier) to 3.3.7.3.
Due to differences in the Web UI and functionality the router MUST first be
upgraded to 3.3.5.2 prior to upgrading to 3.3.7.3 or later

• puregeordie
  • Topic Author
More
22 Apr 2014 11:33 #79725 by puregeordie
Replied by puregeordie on topic Re: Vigor 2820Vn Unable to access web management
Hi, Thanks for quick reply, Its already set to access from the internet,

Its weird as I can ping fine, its all working fine but just can't access the web page for any length of time, it works then stops after a very short period. After this short period I just can't access it at all. :?

More
22 Apr 2014 11:39 #79726 by babis3g
maybe try another browser or clear cookies and history

• puregeordie
  • Topic Author
More
22 Apr 2014 11:44 #79727 by puregeordie
Replied by puregeordie on topic Re: Vigor 2820Vn Unable to access web management
Hi, Tried 3 different computers/browsers, cheers.

• puregeordie
  • Topic Author
More
22 Apr 2014 12:33 #79728 by puregeordie
Hi, CAN you do this??

Can you restore the config of a Vigor 2820Vn onto a draytek vigor 2820n ?? just my router is the Vn type. thanks. Just if I need to buy one as these ones are cheaper, thanks.

Moderators: Sami