DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2820Vn Unable to access web management

More
22 Apr 2014 12:54 #79730 by babis3g
I don't see why not as long is the same firmware at both modems (& also bear in mind the firmware release notes i have posted) ... it will just be missing the the voip settings ... so It should work ...

if not works due to firmware changes & mismatching ... see the post below how a user shorted his back up between two 2820s
http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=19235&p=79536&hilit=restore+2820#p79536

Have you upgraded correct the firmware? (using *rst* files & 3.3.5.2 before update to latest?)

If is not any other reply in your thread soon i would say to contact the support before you get a new one because as you have understand IF your backup is not from a clean installation OR there is firmware mismatching (even are the same models) ... bugs may carry to the new machine ... but in general yes should work

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• puregeordie
  • Topic Author
More
22 Apr 2014 13:51 #79732 by puregeordie
Replied by puregeordie on topic Re: Vigor 2820Vn Unable to access web management
OK, thank you, see what happens.

PS, do you know how to update or check firmware using telnet? I'm not used to using it at all! cheers.

• puregeordie
  • Topic Author
More
22 Apr 2014 17:18 #79736 by puregeordie
Replied by puregeordie on topic Re: Vigor 2820Vn Unable to access web management
Hi, For some reason its now letting me login and alls OK.

Weird as I've done nothing, any ideas on that one? Unless tomorrow it don't work again? thanks.

More
22 Apr 2014 18:05 #79737 by babis3g
could be faulty the Lan you are connected or the cable from modem to pc

could be a bad firmware update (use of the *rst* file helps for a cleaner installation)or a no good or bad / incompatible backup file

could be web proxy in the browser or cookies stored and not allow it to work in good order

could be wrong typing address, i think drayteks using port 80, 192.168.1.1:80 not always 192.168.1.1:443 works

Could be some settings at your pc/laptop network & sharing centre with your ipv4 settings

If you are remotely could be bad tunnels or vpn having breaks

To check firmware & statistics via telnet try "adsl show" or "show adsl"

I am not aware can be upgraded via telnet ... personal i know only the methods below
http://www.draytek.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=1215&Itemid=293&lang=en

• puregeordie
  • Topic Author
More
24 Apr 2014 08:38 #79744 by puregeordie
Thanks for those points, much appreciated for your help, I'll look into it.

Moderators: Sami