Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

3900 Stability

• redmonkey
  • Topic Author
More
12 Jun 2014 17:12 #80310 by redmonkey
3900 Stability was created by redmonkey
Hi,
I have to restart my 3900 weekly otherwise VPN's go down, then the PPPoE WAN's go down (Vigor 120's), and I haven't waited any longer to find out what happens next, I only have a Virgin connection left working on the box.
I was wondering if anyone is experiencing similar issues?
Also does anyone know the returns procedure, I bought this an age ago and I would actually like to return it due to the fact that I have lost confidence over the last 6 months as to whether Draytek are in fact interested in supporting it. I have been eagerly awaiting a firmware update due to the fact that I expected other users to be annoyed and complaining, but it's now 7 months on since the last release and no update.
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jun 2014 21:36 #80311 by destroyer
Replied by destroyer on topic Re: 3900 Stability
In your situation I would send a polite email to UK technical support saying you want this escalating higher up the food chain. As this is their medium/enterprise level kit - they should bend over more than with their other products to support it. Also, as this is a new model, they should be actively fixing any firmware issues on it.

More
15 Jun 2014 21:42 #80324 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: 3900 Stability
I'm not sure there's enough info to pinpoint any particular piece of equipment there....but yes, contact support and ask for help rather than just getting annoyed :-)

Forum Administrator

More
16 Jun 2014 19:22 #80331 by the pit
Replied by the pit on topic Re: 3900 Stability
Firmware was updated three months ago. I would try the latest release I would expect another shortly considering 2960 it's little brother has just gone to 1.0.8.1.

• redmonkey
  • Topic Author
More
30 Jun 2014 21:58 #80464 by redmonkey
Replied by redmonkey on topic Re: 3900 Stability
Where's the firmware to? I can only see the 1.0.7.1 firmware on the downloads page?
I have replaced with an edgerouter for now which doesn't need weekly restarts and qos can be done on all wans, although maximum 2 wans for load balancing at the moment however have split the traffic up a bit to use the 3 still.

More
30 Jun 2014 23:33 #80466 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: 3900 Stability
the 1.0.8 firmware for the 3900 & 1.0.8.1 for the 2960 are at main Taiwan download pages
http://www.draytek.com/index.php?option=com_jumi&view=application&fileid=15&Itemid=583&lang=en

Moderators: Sami