DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

3900 Stability

• redmonkey
  • Topic Author
More
30 Jun 2014 23:43 #80468 by redmonkey
Replied by redmonkey on topic Re: 3900 Stability
Great thank you, looks like it has qos over multiple wans. I will have to find some time to update the unit I have and try it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jul 2014 11:27 #80474 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: 3900 Stability
There is a newer firmware today 1.0.8.2 with many corrections

More
03 Sep 2014 11:54 #81145 by noooodlez
Replied by noooodlez on topic Re: 3900 Stability
Yes, I find these can be a bit quirky, but I have 3 vpns running stably across 7 wans on 2 sites.

I had 2 of these units even prior to the firmware being in pre-release. Every version of the FW has brought more stability and functionality.

I find my vpns can hang if I start tweaking config while the system is live so I try to avoid doing this.

I have issues with 120 routers. They use Infineon chipsets which are known for speed on stable lines, but not for resilience when you are further from the exchange. I am about to have a play with some D-Link DSL-320Bs which use a Broadcom chipset. Failing that, Im going to have to buy a leased line!! I also find that the units fail / become intermittently unresponsive to LAN and have switched out 4 to date.

Also, download your firmware from Draytek.com, not Draytek.co.uk as the UK agent (SEG) aren't always on the ball in keeping this up-to-date.

More
03 Sep 2014 23:45 #81150 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: 3900 Stability

noooodlez wrote: aren't always on the ball in keeping this up-to-date.

Or...more like they do their own extensive UK-specific testing before
releasing firmware and that's often the reason why there is lag...

Vigor 120s did have a bit of a bad patch n reliability but the design
was improved and any failed units should have been replaced if
they had the LAN port failed.

Forum Administrator

More
04 Sep 2014 05:13 #81151 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: 3900 Stability
if you have the 120 v2, there is a new firmware 3.2.6.1 (draytek has not forgot us :) ) which fixes few issues
http://www.draytek.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&layout=item&id=2405&Itemid=451&lang=en#downloads
worth to give try but use the rst file extension for a clean install & also use the modem code 344001, is from the one which synchronise higher , how ever for more comparability with the local dslam try an other but that should be good enought, i was using it with broadcom exchange with good results
Change (get a new) and your adsl filter if you have it very long time

Moderators: Sami