DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2860 / AP-900x2, IPTV & Sonos

More
05 Jul 2014 17:54 #80551 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: 2860 / AP-900x2, IPTV & Sonos

Amadeus wrote: Admin are you in any way connected to Draytek?

Yes, we all are - we're appointed to moderate the forum, which we do according to the rules, and also raise topics internally with them if there's something that looks like it needs review (though often they're already aware of it if it's a firmware issue etc.). And yes, we will defend them like any other user might, but we don't speak for the company officially. We accept that people may choose to take our views as subjective because you can't exactly expect us to say "Yes, it's shocking...terrible...go scream at the vendor..." but we always try to be constructive. On the topic of support satisfaction, that will of course vary and can always be improved, but I used to work in support and know what it's like.

if people were generally happy there would have been more response but one can never tell.

Well, most users don't use the forum of course, and those that do are far more likely to have problems, and most forum users only come on when they have something to ask. As above, support can always be improved (and management do get shown this type of message thread), so whilst user satisfaction looks good, even if it was 99%, there would always be room for improvement.

Forum Administrator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• amadeus
  • Topic Author
More
05 Jul 2014 19:30 #80552 by amadeus
Replied by amadeus on topic Re: 2860 / AP-900x2, IPTV & Sonos
Thanks admin. So constructive but not independent.

I'm a software development manager so I also appreciate that these forums may not be a true reflection of quality but how issues are handled *can* be gauged from forums.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami