DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Routing between 2x2860 Same Site

More
11 Jul 2014 09:49 #80633 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: Routing between 2x2860 Same Site
Can you do a traceroute from computers on each network to an IP on the other network and see if they go through the router? Did you put in the static route on the other 2860?

You don't need filter rules to allow that traffic through - if you've allowed it in the inter-lan routing table then it'll be allowed through unless you've got filter rules in place to block traffic.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• padster
  • Topic Author
More
11 Jul 2014 10:38 #80634 by padster
Replied by padster on topic Re: Routing between 2x2860 Same Site
I have changed from 2x2860's and am now using a single 2925.

I can tracert from 192.168.100.x to 192.168.2.x, and this completed fine, even returning correct device names.

When I do the opposite, it bombs out after the first step to the 192.168.2.x router.

I currently have a support call open as having additional issues with lost packets are the router.

More
11 Jul 2014 11:58 #80635 by sicon
Replied by sicon on topic Re: Routing between 2x2860 Same Site
you don't need the load/route policy if your now using a single router - the routing table will be automatically built when you create the interfaces.

You just need to tick the relevant boxes in the inter vlan routing and it should work - No firewall wall rules are needed either.

• padster
  • Topic Author
More
11 Jul 2014 13:46 #80636 by padster
I've set up my multiple VLANs, but when I tick the box to route between two of them, I end up with only unidirectional traffic, I'm able to get from LAN4 to LAN2, but not from LAN2 to LAN4. This occurs on both Ping and TraceRT.

I've just tested this on a clean setup, that only has the VLANs configured and no other Policies or Firewall settings, and I get the same result.

Is there something that I am missing?
Please see image of network and inter-VLAN tick boxes.

• padster
  • Topic Author
More
11 Jul 2014 16:50 #80648 by padster
Hi All,

Thank you for your time, following a conversation with Draytek Support, there is actually a requirements for 'Load Balance/Route Policy' to be created for this to work. The route policies that I had created were very close to correct, they should actually look like this;

Pad

More
14 Jul 2014 10:00 #80662 by sicon
Replied by sicon on topic Re: Routing between 2x2860 Same Site
the 2860 I am using will route between LANs with out the policy - perhaps there is a firmware difference somewhere

Moderators: Sami