DS Interleave Depth : 8 US Interleave Depth : 2
NE Current Attenuation : 75 dB Cur SNR Margin : 7 dB
DS actual PSD : 15. 5 dB US actual PSD : 12. 5 dB
ADSL Firmware Version : 211801_A

ATU-C Info

Far Current Attenuation : 31 dB Far SNR Margin : 7 dB
CO ITU Version[0] : 00004753 CO ITU Version[1] : 0000504e
DSLAM CHIPSET VENDOR : < CNXT >

That was i was thinking and asked to try the telnet command, to see the dslam vendor and not the normal statistics
Perhaps the admin will go mad to me but personal i believe with this dslam, is the only chipset has bad reputation in long lines with draytek in my opinion
No matter what setting you do you may see little improvement (you probably did see already) but i believe will not reach better speeds
I mean is ok but so far line with conexant is not the best match
Is not hardware issue with your 2820

If you want really to use the 2820 as you mentioned i suggest to use the netgear as modem & the 2820 do the routing
i can assist to set the 2820 as pure router using the second wan (wan2) to do all routing and wifi

I know 2 ways, the first not sure if the netgear can go at pure bridge mode (will not be able to see line stats from the modem) & the second way you will be able but if you need port forward in the future you may not be able due to double nat

Let me know , thanks & sorry, by the way what are you getting at the speed test after all this adjustments? you must see improvement

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jacques
  • Topic Author
More
26 Oct 2014 11:09 #81506 by jacques
Hello,

I have seen little improvement in speeds which is a shame (after configuring settings). I got a new router from ISP which is a D-LINK 2680. Would you say I could set the D-LINK in a DMZ configuration pointing towards the Draytek and then natting would be turned off through the DMZ? I can also turned off nat in settings so I could just turn nat off on d link and then use draytek as nat?

I tried connecting the d link to the draytek and tried setting it up but without configuration above and it did not want to talk to each other.

Jacques

More
26 Oct 2014 12:22 #81508 by babis3g
sorry is not getting better but as draytek over the phone said you have done everything he could think, same here

About DMZ i don't know if possible and if it is sorry i m not aware

I only know 2 ways

Even i have the same modem from TT is been years i have not use it because i was always with infineon & broadcom exchanges (adsl) where it works really great ... so i am looking from the user guide right now
http://www.dlink.com/-/media/Consumer_Products/DSL/DSL%202680/Manual/DSL_2680_A1_Manual_EU_UK.pdf

the first way is to set the d-link into bridge mode
connect the pc to dlink via cable
I think the menu is at setup>adsl setup> & chose bridge mode, (pppoa vc mux, mtu 1432 etc should auto ready by the isp)
That should disable dhcp/wifi etc by default but because bridge mode let only some packet/protocol to pass you will not be able to see the statistics of the dlink or in general its page
Take out the cable and connect the pc to the 2820
disable wan 1, enable wan2 (wan>general setup) - then wan>internet access enable PPPoE, mtu 1432, username/pass, obtain ip auto
connect lan 1 of the 2680 to the 2820 & reboot both

2-
the second way connect first the 2680 with the pc & disable manual all the wifi
go at page 41, lan setup & change the router ip to 192.168.0.1 (not conflict with the draytek 192.168.1.1)
under disable dhcp server (conflict with draytek) save
disable upnp page 52
Not turn off with this method NAT at the 2680 (you can try but will not work at least my modems are not working with draytek if i turn nat off)
You can keep firewall on but not enable dmz because under normal use in future you use the draytek (also for all the rest routing & wifi)

now connect pc the with the draytek & disable wan 1 (not stolen cpu memory)
wan>general set up enable,always on
wan>internet access get static or dynamic ip tab, top left enable, arp detect can use & always on,mtu 1432 thn at right tab select
Specify an IP address
set ip 192.168.0.100
subnet 255.255.255.0 from the dlink
gateway this one new ip from dlink 192.168.0.1

connect the dlink to draytek wan 2 & reboot both, should work, if not check the subnet mask to 255.255.255.255
now if you open the broser window should have access to dlink by typing 192.168.0.1 (only helpfull for line statistics really) & open an other window with 192.168.1.1 and you will have control over the draytek for routing and wifi
Sadly if you need port forward in the future due to double nat (don't know a way to turn it off at draytek) you will have to use the fist way with bridge mode
I would say to do exactly what i suggest to make sure it works and then you practice with nat etc
I am not sure if you prefer the second way because it seems they communicate each other but i just posted if you ever in the future want to try it

Moderators: Sami