DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2860N VDSL Speed Issues

More
30 Oct 2014 10:13 #81561 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: 2860N VDSL Speed Issues
Ask the isp, only the isp has proper tools ... if your isp is BT has some tools online together with their speed test

You can do some basic easy tests such run ping test (pingtest.net) if will show packet loss,jitter and also some modems have the ability to work with some tools such dslstats but not with the drayteks as far i am aware
You can look for JDAutoSpeedTester where it can perform some basic test every amount of time for packet loss and latency
TBB monitor is been in use by many users to show basic traffic and latency problems of your line
or via telnet type show vdsl or vdsl show to see errors of your connection and compare them through the day

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Nov 2014 12:35 #81597 by marjohn56
Replied by marjohn56 on topic Re: 2860N VDSL Speed Issues
The command is 'vdsl status'

However the sync speed is about all you can rely on to be true, the error counts and interleave levels ( if on ) are reporting zero. There is a bug and I've had the confirmed by Draytek UK who have passed it on to the developers. How long it will take to get a fix for it though is unknown.

More
01 Nov 2014 12:38 #81598 by marjohn56
Replied by marjohn56 on topic Re: 2860N VDSL Speed Issues

fcs-simon wrote: Good morning all!
Positive news this morning. I have just ran another speedtest and am now getting...

DOWN = 61MB
UP = 18MB

Happy days!! I wasn't aware, but is this simply a case of testing the line??
Cheers

Could you post your SNR levels using the command vdsl status from CLI ( telnet ). I'd be really interested to see what it says.

Regards,

Moderators: Sami