DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Windows 10 1809

More
28 Nov 2018 10:47 #7 by ducklinksys
Replied by ducklinksys on topic Re: Windows 10 1809

admin3 wrote: Try enabling the "Use default gateway on remote network" option (push all traffic through VPN tunnel) for the VPN profile and see if that allows SSL VPN to work, apparently it should.

Alternatively, anyone using Windows Insider builds, the Windows 10 Insider Preview 18272.1000 update should also help.

yes works, "Use default gateway on remote network" thank you

Best Regards.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Dec 2018 10:37 #8 by shivatechnology
Replied by shivatechnology on topic Re: Windows 10 1809
Hi

We have had a number of users reporting SSL VPN Client has stopped working or they are getting disconnected after 30 seconds or so.

Testing from my Windows 10 1809 Build 17763.134 I can confirm the client does not connect and appears to be stuck on 'authenticate' (during the whole connection process I lose internet connection)

Tested with latest with Smart VPN Client and older 4.x versions - same issue

Draytek logs show connection was established, but nothing more.

Windows logs connection made and also shows 'CoId={E56F0201-7CB1-4385-AFA6-17507E6E087E}: The user SYSTEM dialed a connection named DraySSLTunnel which has failed. The error code returned on failure is 0.'

Enabling 'Use default gateway on remote network' does work without issue.

Although working, it's not practical for all users to set this option, as the tunnel traffic adds to the client's bandwidth allowance.

Prior to this users were able to connect without issue, does anyone if this is due to windows updates? is there a fix?

Jay

More
14 Dec 2018 09:11 #9 by putapininthis
Replied by putapininthis on topic Re: Windows 10 1809
At the start of October Draytek confirmed that they were aware of the issue however are unable to do any testing as they are not part of the insider build program and only have the ability to test once Microsoft fully release updates.

As 1809 was removed they were then unable to test as they did not have access the the required update.

• fcs-simon
  • Topic Author
More
16 Jan 2019 10:21 #10 by fcs-simon
Replied by fcs-simon on topic Re: Windows 10 1809
Morning everyone
I've made no progress at all here.
Same problems since October when this thread was started.
Neither Draytek VPN client nor Windows 10 VPN client allow me to connect and keep my local internet connection working, not even if I select to use the remote router as my gateway.
All this started after upgrading to 1809. Am now running build 17763.253.
Thanks Microsoft!

More
22 Jan 2019 08:24 #11 by joners
Replied by joners on topic Re: Windows 10 1809

fcs-simon wrote: Morning everyone
I've made no progress at all here.
Same problems since October when this thread was started.
Neither Draytek VPN client nor Windows 10 VPN client allow me to connect and keep my local internet connection working, not even if I select to use the remote router as my gateway.
All this started after upgrading to 1809. Am now running build 17763.253.
Thanks Microsoft!

Have you submitted a support request to Draytek?

MS aren’t responsible for the Draytek VPN client incompatibility. Draytek should be testing and fixing for their software for Windows. At a minimum they should put an advisory on the download page indicating that there are compatibility issues.

• fcs-simon
  • Topic Author
More
25 Jan 2019 10:19 #12 by fcs-simon
Replied by fcs-simon on topic Re: Windows 10 1809
I have indeed.
Previously, late last year, Draytek told me that Microsoft would release an update to fix the problem.
I've just replied to my Draytek support agent again.
Lets see what is said this time.
Cheers

Moderators: ChrisSami