DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820 Draft N

More
17 Jan 2010 09:52 #13 by kizlauskas
Replied by kizlauskas on topic 2820 Draft N
I purchased a new laptop just before Christmas and it has the same issue. I suspect it has nothing to do with the age of the laptop but the model on Wireless card bult into it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jan 2010 04:17 #14 by simoncog
Replied by simoncog on topic 2820 Draft N

Voodle wrote: For the people having these wireless issues, what wireless security are you using? I don't seem to have any trouble with my 2820Vn and N wireless cards, using WPA2/AES security with it.

What model of card have you got to work? I've tested with 8 now, nothing has worked in draft N. Wireless in general is now so disfunctional with multiple devices [even without N enabled] I'm having to use a separate AP.

More
22 Jan 2010 09:08 #15 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic 2820 Draft N
Mostly I use an Intel 5300n and an Atheros 802.11n (macbook) which I never get connection drops with. All the other devices I have are 802.11G, which are an Intel 2915abg and assorted atheros and broadcom ones.

edit: what channels are you guys mostly using? I use channel 1 and on the advanced settings have 20/40mhz enabled, have you tried out using either channels 1, 6 or 11 and possibly changing the channel bandwidth to 20mhz?

More
24 Jan 2010 04:37 #16 by simoncog
Replied by simoncog on topic 2820 Draft N

Voodle wrote: Mostly I use an Intel 5300n and an Atheros 802.11n (macbook) which I never get connection drops with. All the other devices I have are 802.11G, which are an Intel 2915abg and assorted atheros and broadcom ones.

Not tried the Intel, but loads of issues with the Macs stalling - are you working with VPN/network drives or is this just casual browsing, the connection doesn't necessary appear to drop - can you stream from iPlayer or similar while a couple of others are browsing - and what mode is it actually connecting in?

Thanks

More
20 Feb 2010 23:35 #17 by osbourn
Replied by osbourn on topic Mixed results with draytek roouter
Very often when your getting mixed results its maybe time to try a clean install of the operating system unless your positive you got no issues. I would try the router on a clean install anyway then everything is equal.

More
31 Mar 2010 08:42 #18 by simoncog
Replied by simoncog on topic Re: Mixed results with draytek roouter

Osbourn wrote: Very often when your getting mixed results its maybe time to try a clean install of the operating system unless your positive you got no issues. I would try the router on a clean install anyway then everything is equal.

The problem is with the router - this is used in an SME setting with dozens of devices coming and going.

The only thing we hadreliable draft -N working on is desktops with cisco WMP600Ns but putting the router/ap in mixed mode then caused issues for the majority of other devices which run OK, albeit at a snails pace if more than a couple of stations are up, in g only mode.

Its relegated to a fallover device now, maybe things will improve when the new firmware is released, but that was promised by support a couple of months ago.

Moderators: ChrisSami