DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 120 drops off connection

• superacrosstheway
More
21 Aug 2009 10:35 #43 by superacrosstheway
Replied by superacrosstheway on topic Vigor 120 drops off connection
Just thought i'd mention, since the Beta firmware update my connection has been up ever since. No drop outs at all. My sync has gone up to 4800 as well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Aug 2009 12:37 #44 by boundaryit
Replied by boundaryit on topic Vigor 120 drops off connection

superacrosstheway wrote: Just thought i'd mention, since the Beta firmware update my connection has been up ever since. No drop outs at all. My sync has gone up to 4800 as well.

Same here - 19 hours with no drops, the throughput on both lines has gone up from 3.5 to 6 Mb & the SNR has gone from 9 to 155!

Don't know what's in this firmware (dated 04-08-2009) but it's got some rocket fuel in it.

Here's hoping it continues.....

• superacrosstheway
More
27 Aug 2009 00:25 #45 by superacrosstheway
Replied by superacrosstheway on topic Vigor 120 drops off connection
Just thought i'd mention for the record, DrayTek support _did_ get back to me on the 6 Aug, my e-mail provider decided to mark the mail as spam and hide it so my fault. :oops:

My connection is still up btw :)

More
09 Sep 2009 10:31 #46 by davegarratt
Replied by davegarratt on topic Vigor 120 drops off connection
So can someone summarise what I need to download from where to resolve the re-sync problem. I've got a brand new 120 and the latest firmware from the international draytek ftp site called v120_a_3221 and it did not even stay up for 15 mins. I've gone back to my 100 for now.

Thanks in advance

Dave

More
09 Sep 2009 10:48 #47 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Vigor 120 drops off connection
http://www.i-lan.com.au/downloads/firmware/Vigor120/Beta/0813/V120_0813_332201.zip

This is the beta firmware that should sort out the disconnection problem, it's not available on the draytek.com site at the moment I think.

More
18 Sep 2009 13:03 #48 by faye
Replied by faye on topic Vigor 120 drops off connection
First of all, thanks to everyone on this thread.

I've just applied this firmware, now where the Internet light never lit up, now neither does the dsl light. No disconnects yet, and actual throughput seems much better. I'll monitor the airport for disconnects. It was really irritating last night, almost every 5 minutes it would go and there doesn't seem to be any way to monitor the device (192.168.2.1) while it is connected to the airport. Anyone have any hints on that score?

Moderators: ChrisSami