DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Smart Monitor - Error

More
22 Dec 2009 16:33 #59483 by rpg
Replied by rpg on topic Smart Monitor - Error
Having same problem.

2820 with 3.3.3 firmware.

Installed smart monitor on a PC and enabled mirror on the router from a different port.

Port 1 connected to network switch (with lots of other PC's). Port 2 connected to monitor PC.

Works fine.

After a few hours it appears to loose its connection to the router. Try and reconnect and it can't see the router.

Plug the monitor PC into a different port (P3 or P4) - it wakes up again and sees the router. Plug it back into the mirror port and again carries on working for a few hours.

Very frustrating....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Dec 2009 16:17 #59508 by rpg
Replied by rpg on topic Smart Monitor - Error
I reported to Draytek as well and just had the following back:

Thank you for e-mail.

This is known issue with smart monitor and Vigor 2820 series router, we have reported back to engineer and they are working on it.

Unfortunately no time scales so I guess just dont use Smart Monitor with a 2820 at the moment.

:-(

More
27 May 2010 17:26 #62156 by hexelpc
Replied by hexelpc on topic Smart Monitor - Error
Anyone found a fix yet? I have this installed for a customer but i need to dial in a few times a day to keep the monitoring alive! I spoke with our reseller and Draytek are aware of this issue, still no fix?

More
27 May 2010 19:24 #62158 by neilosdenning
Replied by neilosdenning on topic Still no fix that I know of
I got it working on a test PC for a few days. Now it is very sparodic

been waiting a long long time for this. Draytek seem happy to have a half solution out and about

n

More
29 May 2010 23:03 #62172 by jexell
Replied by jexell on topic Smart Monitor - Error
We have the same problems on a 2820. Generally we've found that when this error comes up if you turn port sniffing off (via telnet or the router web interface) for a while (30ish seconds), smart monitor will 'find' the router again and allow you to log on (and you can then re-enable port sniffing).

The problem seems to be traffic volume related for us - the higher the volume of traffic being monitored, the quicker the error re-surfaces. My suspicion is that there is a memory leak or similar in the router port mirroring or smartmonitor that causes this buildup/crash.

More
15 Jun 2010 13:10 #62354 by karkan
Replied by karkan on topic 2955
There is still a bug with the 2955 and the smart monitor. The smart monitor only recognises 30 users instead of the stated 100 users. Reported to Draytek over 6 months ago, still they have not solved the problem.

Very poor customer service from draytek.

Moderators: Sami