DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

New 2820 Firmware on draytek FTP - 3.3.5.1 26/11/2010

More
11 Dec 2010 14:01 #65224 by toibs
Well new version loaded. All seems ok - no rebooting or anything yet (uptime of 15+ hours), however i am getting LOTS of page timeouts on general browsing....

Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Dec 2010 14:26 #65225 by njh
Persist for a bit. Parts of the internet were pants earlier this morning with a number of my usual sites unavailable (and I'm not using a Draytek router).

2900Gi/v2.5.6; 2900/v2.5.6

More
11 Dec 2010 22:41 #65228 by manook

MarkieBrown wrote:

manook wrote: I think QOS is broke in 3.3.5 and 3.3.5.1
When you check the status all traffic seems to be going on "others" no matter what you put in the other classes.

Seems to work fine on previous f/w (at least on the graph)

anybody else able to test to see if its just me....

Is anyone else having QOS problems with the new Firmware.
All my traffic only shows on Outbound Other, nothing on the other Classes I have configured.
I've reported it to Draytek Support but they claim they can not duplicate the problem, and claim that nobody else has reported any Issues with QOS on the new firmware.
If anyone else is also having problems with QOS on the new Firmware, please would you report it to Support, so we can finally get this fixed.

Cheers
M

Out of interest are you using BE / O2....?

More
11 Dec 2010 23:18 #65229 by markiebrown

Out of interest are you using BE / O2....?

Yes one is BE 24meg and the other Virgin 50meg
Neither worked on QOS.

I've since discovered that QOS is broken when Firewall - General Setup - Data Filter is disabled.
Enable it and QOS works properly again.

More
03 Jan 2011 01:59 #65441 by reado

admin wrote: Secondly, if you download from the FTP site instead of the UK support site, then it has not gone through UK specific testing

Why does it say in the Release Notes "recommended for UK-SEG only" if this hasn't received any UK specific testing?

UK support are useless at accepting bugs - they don't read the forums if you refer them here for evidence of other customers experiencing the same problem and they blatently ignore you when you say 3.3.4 and 3.3.4.1 doesn't work. It's very frustrating.

More
09 Jan 2011 10:16 #65533 by nicksunley
Replied by nicksunley on topic Lost Firewall Config
After updating from 3.3.3 to 3.5.5.1 I've lost all my Firewall Config Settings (including all the filters). I did a config backup beforehand and so tried to restore that but it made no difference. Does anybody know how to view a config backup or should i revert back to 3.3.3 and copy the rules by hand? Or just stay on 3.3.3!

Moderators: ChrisSami