DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

New 2820 Firmware on draytek FTP - 3.3.5.1 26/11/2010

More
09 Jan 2011 11:21 #65535 by toibs
Replied by toibs on topic Re: Lost Firewall Config

nicksunley wrote: After updating from 3.3.3 to 3.5.5.1 I've lost all my Firewall Config Settings (including all the filters). I did a config backup beforehand and so tried to restore that but it made no difference. Does anybody know how to view a config backup or should i revert back to 3.3.3 and copy the rules by hand? Or just stay on 3.3.3!

nick,

If you want to use VPN - dont. Kills my connection every 30 mins or so. The last reliable firmware i can find is 3.3.3. Since then, it seems to be a catalogue of errors.... Draytek seem to have completely lost their way on this firmware....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jan 2011 22:28 #65634 by wildpitch
ok, so since when did the default password change?! To resolve some issue I was guided to v2820_v03351_2471201_A.rst by support and now I can't login to the router, I've tried no password, a password of password and the original custom password. Kicks back to the login prompt on the web interface, always. Same deal trying telnet as well.

More
13 Jan 2011 07:53 #65636 by admin

Reado wrote: UK support are useless at accepting bugs - they don't read the forums if you refer them here for evidence of other customers experiencing the same problem and they blatently ignore you when you say 3.3.4 and 3.3.4.1 doesn't work.

That's simply not true on the basis of evidence I have, and the lack of any you've provided but either way, if you feel they have not fully understood the issue or accepted it then raise it with them or make a complaint so that it can be looked into.

Forum Administrator

More
13 Jan 2011 09:33 #65638 by wildpitch

wildpitch wrote: ok, so since when did the default password change?! To resolve some issue I was guided to v2820_v03351_2471201_A.rst by support and now I can't login to the router, I've tried no password, a password of password and the original custom password. Kicks back to the login prompt on the web interface, always. Same deal trying telnet as well.

In case anyone else gets caught with the same thing, the new default password is admin.

More
23 Jan 2011 20:51 #65812 by ryster
I've been running 3.3.5.1 myself for a couple of weeks now. The only problem I've had is that the DoS light on the front of my 2820n now does not light up even with all the DoS options turned on.

Also the USB light doesn't light up even with a USB stick plugged in.

More
30 Jan 2011 18:04 #65985 by scroucher
I've nuked my settings and tried 3.3.5.1 again and other than the LED problem can find nothing wrong. ADSL says up longer too.

Steve

Moderators: ChrisSami