DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

New 2820 Firmware on draytek FTP - 3.3.5.1 26/11/2010

More
01 Dec 2010 15:10 #65097 by manook
I think QOS is broke in 3.3.5 and 3.3.5.1
When you check the status all traffic seems to be going on "others" no matter what you put in the other classes.

Seems to work fine on previous f/w (at least on the graph)

anybody else able to test to see if its just me....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Dec 2010 11:22 #65161 by admin
>> You do kinda feel that reporting problems [to Draytek or]
>> on here, and it just falls into a bottomless pit...

Well, as stated before, this is a user-to-user forum, not a formal support forum or formal reporting medium so it's not the correct method to get a problem reported.

Secondly, if you download from the FTP site instead of the UK support site, then it has not gone through UK specific testing (something you're paying for in the price)... Though then people complain that the UK site doesn't have the very latest version... you can't please everyone :-)

I would STRONGLY recommend that if you find or believe you have a bug, you report it to UK support (via ticketing system), get a DQ reference and always refer to it by that so that anyone reading about it here or elsewhere knows EXACTLY which problem you're referring to, as there is common confusion when people refer ambuguously to problems. This forum is monitored, so if you state a DQ reference or other ticket no., there's more chance of someone paying attention.

Forum Administrator

More
10 Dec 2010 10:30 #65209 by markiebrown

manook wrote: I think QOS is broke in 3.3.5 and 3.3.5.1
When you check the status all traffic seems to be going on "others" no matter what you put in the other classes.

Seems to work fine on previous f/w (at least on the graph)

anybody else able to test to see if its just me....

Is anyone else having QOS problems with the new Firmware.
All my traffic only shows on Outbound Other, nothing on the other Classes I have configured.
I've reported it to Draytek Support but they claim they can not duplicate the problem, and claim that nobody else has reported any Issues with QOS on the new firmware.
If anyone else is also having problems with QOS on the new Firmware, please would you report it to Support, so we can finally get this fixed.

Cheers
M

More
10 Dec 2010 20:03 #65217 by toibs
Guys,

Which release numbers are meant for the UK market? More specifically - which modem code releases are more suitable for "dodgy" BT lines?

Cheers
Paul

• kc_
  • Topic Author
More
10 Dec 2010 20:08 #65218 by kc_
mine uses
ADSL Firmware Version : 232201_A Hardware: Annex A

More
10 Dec 2010 20:33 #65220 by toibs

kC_ wrote: mine uses
ADSL Firmware Version : 232201_A Hardware: Annex A

Cheers - Thanks kC - will give the new release a go :)

Paul

Moderators: ChrisSami