DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

IPV6 on Draytek 2820

More
24 Oct 2011 13:48 #69784 by smiler
Replied by smiler on topic Re: IPV6 on Draytek 2820
I just got a note from BeThere saying they will be upgrading everybody to ipv6 from the start of next year, so I guess my 2820 will be in the trash if I don't get support before I am migrated.....So I wait

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Oct 2011 00:37 #69788 by reetp
Replied by reetp on topic Re: IPV6 on Draytek 2820
With all due respect 'admin', users have been asking this question for quite some time. Draytek posted their 'vapourware' statement 7 months ago and still nothing.

If they are so interested then they could at least let users know which routers are at least 'capable' of being upgraded. As a business user I expect a business like response. I need time to plan my strategy.

If I told any of my customers 'we're thinking about things and we may let you know sometime in the future when we can be bothered', they would vote with their feet, which I suspect many of us will do (and from the looks of the forums, many have already)

This is 2011, not 1911. Man got to the moon a long time ago and quite frankly, this shouldn't be rocket science to them. If Draytek are a serious company then they have known the answer to this for years. It isn't as if IPv6 has just been hatched.

Draytek are just plain amateurish and are letting themselves down very badly, no matter what excuses you make. Other companies ARE taking it far more seriously.

They need to start providing their users with some straightforward answers to some straightforward questions. And quickly. Like any PROFESSIONAL company does.

More
25 Oct 2011 09:46 #69792 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: IPV6 on Draytek 2820

smiler wrote: I just got a note from BeThere saying they will be upgrading everybody to ipv6 from the start of next year, so I guess my 2820 will be in the trash if I don't get support before I am migrated.....So I wait

From what I've read of it, they'll be offering IPv6 in future but that email they sent out was actually informing customers with static IP ranges from them that they'd be getting new addresses because they're making changes to how the static IP ranges are assigned / used so that they have proper network / broadcast addresses which will be compatible with their IPv6 network when they make that available.

More
25 Oct 2011 14:33 #69802 by smiler
Replied by smiler on topic Re: IPV6 on Draytek 2820
I disagree, if Bethere's mail ref the ipv6 infrastructure upgrade just meant that I just get a different ipv4 address, no problem, but if they also say I will need a router firmware upgrade to support this, sounds to me like the WAN (ADSL) side of the NAT could be going to ipv6 to me.

• mgillespie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
31 Oct 2011 13:30 #69864 by mgillespie
Replied by mgillespie on topic Re: IPV6 on Draytek 2820
Almost November..

Hows that promise of "Support will also be announced on the DrayTek web site throughout 2011."....

http://forums.theregister.co.uk/forum/1/2011/10/31/ipv6_transport/

More
11 Nov 2011 16:44 #70034 by reetp
Replied by reetp on topic Re: IPV6 on Draytek 2820

mgillespie wrote: Almost November..
Hows that promise of "Support will also be announced on the DrayTek web site throughout 2011."....

Empty.....

Moderators: Sami