DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

IPV6 on Draytek 2820

More
13 Jun 2011 17:33 #68231 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: IPV6 on Draytek 2820
Well a posting for me isn't very official as I don't work for DrayTek and don't design the products :-)

Personally, I'm not too worried about IPv6 yet; I think that various interim Internet measures will be depoyed such that ipv4 will still be prevalent on LANs for 5+ years yet. It's like 'DAB' - the typical Internet user doesn't get the 'killer app' from switching (and with analogue TV, existing equipment could just be supplemented by a digital box).

Forum Administrator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mgillespie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 Jun 2011 19:57 #68270 by mgillespie
Replied by mgillespie on topic Re: IPV6 on Draytek 2820

jedi98 wrote: Found this, which is better than nothing as a statement of intent: -

http://www.draytek.com/user/AboutNewsDetail.php?ID=153

Wonder when it was dated in 2011, as it says:

"In the next few months, DrayTek will move forward with this upgrade plan and be able to announce which models will support IPv6 in future so we welcome to keep in touch with your preferred dealer for news of when support is added to each model. Support will also be announced on the DrayTek web site throughout 2011."

We are clearly now half way through 2011 and not a snifter of news. Usually this means bad news and PR people are working out ways of sugar-coating the bad news, and support people are battening down the hatches for the torrents of abuse from disgruntled customers.

• mgillespie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
01 Jul 2011 15:21 #68439 by mgillespie
03/17/2011 DrayTek’s IPv6 progress

"In the next few months, DrayTek will move forward with this upgrade plan and be able to announce which models will support IPv6 in future so we welcome to keep in touch with your preferred dealer for news of when support is added to each model. Support will also be announced on the DrayTek web site throughout 2011."

So it's now July, and nothing...... Come on, please let your customers know what the plans are.....

More
01 Jul 2011 15:30 #68440 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: IPV6 on Draytek 2820
They will, as soon as they practically can.

Forum Administrator

• mgillespie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 Aug 2011 18:06 #69008 by mgillespie
So how's Draytek's IPV6 announcement coming along.....

Information seems really slow to emerge. Anyone want to bet they are hoping we all sell out 2820's and move on before they deliver the bad news???

More
02 Oct 2011 11:43 #69559 by markiebrown
Replied by markiebrown on topic Re: IPV6 on Draytek 2820
I was just looking over the specs for the Brand new 2850, and that mentions absolutely nothing about IPV6 anywhere on press releases or specs.
It would seem that Draytek are just not as concerned about IPV6 as the rest of the industry.
It would seem the next logical step is to start dropping Draytek as my prefered router brand, till they start taking the things we as the clients and actual users of their products find important more seriously.

Moderators: Sami