DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Is 2830n stable now with new firmware?

• robster
  • Topic Author
More
17 Jul 2011 08:47 #68639 by robster
Hi

I WAS going to buy a 2830n a few weeks ago but saw so many problems being reported I opted for a second hand 2820 instead as a stop gap.

Has the latest firmware release resolved most if not all of the problems or should I still avoid?

Robin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jul 2011 09:29 #68640 by weehappypixie
Replied by weehappypixie on topic Re: Is 2830n stable now with new firmware?
I would say NO. I have it installed on 3 different 2080Vn's and like you had to go back to using 2820's as they were so unstable.

Think this will be the last DrayTEK's we will buy. They are meant to be a premium router but I get more reliability from the cheapy non branded routers recently than DrayTEKS and then have to wait ages for support to release new firmware to fix the problems.

John

More
19 Jul 2011 12:20 #68666 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Is 2830n stable now with new firmware?
I just replaced one of my V2820Vns with a V2830Vn and it's very stable and working
nicely.... What is unstable about yours ?

Forum Administrator

More
19 Jul 2011 14:21 #68669 by weehappypixie
Replied by weehappypixie on topic Re: Is 2830n stable now with new firmware?
With a factory reset and only the login settings to connect to Zen it starts to block internet and I get the no internet connection error in Windows 7. When I check the router it goes on a constant reboot cycle and I am forced to power off and then factory reset it again, enter the settings and then it will work for another few hours before locking up again. Does this on all 3 2830Vn's.

I have also had it lock up while entering in the full config with VoIP, Filter rules, Multiple SSID's etc. so now they are boxed and I am using 2 of our old 2820Vn and an old Netgear. Not happy and support say there is no newer firmware available.

John

More
19 Jul 2011 16:38 #68673 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: Is 2830n stable now with new firmware?
This is using 3.3.6.1 firmware or the 3.3.6 release?

More
20 Jul 2011 00:38 #68686 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Is 2830n stable now with new firmware?
Well, I'm not sure what firmware you're using - I use quite a lot of features on the V2830 (i.e. all enabled - Qos/VoIP/WLAN/VPN) and it's stable. I never used the firmware it came with, so maybe that was less so.

Forum Administrator

Moderators: Sami