DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Firmware Upgrade and now Locked Out of router!

• craigside
  • Topic Author
More
05 Nov 2012 09:48 #74029 by craigside
Can anybody please help?

My Vigor 2820 has locked me out. I have been trying various firmware upgrades to try and determine which is best for my ADSL speed, with some success as they affect my download speed by around 100K (which is a lot when having to manage with 500K speed!).

I just installed the latest version and rebooted the router (3.3.7.3) and now I can't log in. My 'Admin' and password don't work, can anyone help?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Nov 2012 09:56 #74031 by ghostworks
password and account might have reverted to default

More
05 Nov 2012 10:00 #74032 by ghostworks
When in Check online status for SNR , Loop ATT and connection speed's Values

higher the SNR value the better , and the lower Loop ATT the better , i don't bother on the rated connection speed much as you want reliability more than its supposed connection speed its value is at , if you reboot the connection speed can change

• craigside
  • Topic Author
More
05 Nov 2012 10:01 #74033 by craigside
Hi thanks for speedy reply. I have tried the admin/admin and admin/blank posted on the Draytek support pages for the 2820... no effect?

More
05 Nov 2012 10:04 #74035 by ghostworks
thats odd , try resetting it then , if still no luck use the draytek router tools to re apply firmware

by the way the firmware comes with two files .all and .rst ( the rst file resets back to defaults when applied and the .all applies the firmware without resetting the settings )

• craigside
  • Topic Author
More
05 Nov 2012 10:13 #74037 by craigside
Since 2006 I have had a reliable 1.1Mb. 3 weeks ago a line fault knocked me off for a week or so until BT fixed the line by allocating a 'new pair' (D or E side? - the run between the green box and exchange). Since last week I am now getting just 500K. My ISP say possibly the new pair is worse than previous hence poorer performance at 5Km from exchange. Now waiting for ISP to call out BT to see if a better pair is available for me to have. Have tried several firmware upgrades on your suggest which do improve it + they have a better console, so thanks for the advice. I will now do factory reset and see if i can log in!

Moderators: Sami