DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Firmware Upgrade and now Locked Out of router!

More
05 Nov 2012 13:46 #74051 by howard simpson
Replied by howard simpson on topic Re: Firmware Upgrade and now Locked Out of router!
Are you using a face plate splitter filter or just the standard plug in filter you put in the phone socket? The face plate variety have much better active filters in them so you get a faster speed.

Howard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• craigside
  • Topic Author
More
05 Nov 2012 13:59 #74053 by craigside
Hi standard plug in filter. The TalkTalk guy this morning was very helpful, he asked about the filter and he said that the 'attenuation' looked OK on my connection, and that the issue is with the BT cable to the exchange? Maybe I should get hold of a faceplate splitter filter?

More
05 Nov 2012 14:16 #74054 by ghostworks
I find the ADSLNation a good quality one, Fits on the master socket NT5

• craigside
  • Topic Author
More
05 Nov 2012 17:17 #74059 by craigside
Hi, I have another question for you. Looking at my telephone wiring, I suspect that my alarm system dialler is connected to phone line without a filter. It's hard wired in and was only installed about 2 years ago, and it's presence hasn't impacted my ADSL speed since its connection. Therefore, does a 'dormant' modem such as an alarm dialler only actually affect the ADSL service when it is dialling/using the line?

I don't want to rewire the dialler if I can avoid it, because unless I am mistaken it will only interfere with the ADSL while my burglar alarm is going off?

• craigside
  • Topic Author
More
05 Nov 2012 17:20 #74060 by craigside

Howard Simpson wrote: Are you using a face plate splitter filter or just the standard plug in filter you put in the phone socket? The face plate variety have much better active filters in them so you get a faster speed.

Would it really make a difference, my plug in filter is a brand new BT one?

More
05 Nov 2012 18:04 #74061 by ghostworks
i find them better to use than the plug in ones...

also is there extension lines from your master socket?
I'd do a test and connect your adsl direct to the main line , no phones or any other equipement to it and see if you get a better connection , which might show you have a faulty extension or phone cause noise on the line

Moderators: Sami