DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Dates For New Firmware for 2850Vn?

More
30 Nov 2012 19:01 #74400 by niggly54
Replied by niggly54 on topic Re: Dates For New Firmware for 2850Vn?
I get my normal firmware updates from www.draytek.com as I have registered with them. They seem to get the updates before the UK site.
...and yes- I have also turned IPV6 off- maybe that's why the internet setup screen becomes unavailable- very odd!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Dec 2012 01:00 #74405 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Dates For New Firmware for 2850Vn?

niggly54 wrote: I get my normal firmware updates from http://www.draytek.com as I have registered with them. They seem to get the updates before the UK site.
...and yes- I have also turned IPV6 off- maybe that's why the internet setup screen becomes unavailable- very odd!

turn on ipv6 and will appear again
seems no technicians are logging into this forum because i have left report about it long time ago
http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=12&p=74295#p74295

More
01 Dec 2012 12:45 #74407 by niggly54
Strange isn't it? Not a problem, unless you really want to disable IPV6.
Here's an odd thing- I've tried many different variations of firmware within the same release- and it does not appear to make any difference to my VDSL connection. Would I be correct in assuming the VDSL firmware does not change- only the ADSL part of it? Just a thought.

More
01 Dec 2012 14:21 #74409 by babis3g

niggly54 wrote: Strange isn't it? Not a problem, unless you really want to disable IPV6.
Here's an odd thing- I've tried many different variations of firmware within the same release- and it does not appear to make any difference to my VDSL connection. Would I be correct in assuming the VDSL firmware does not change- only the ADSL part of it? Just a thought.

i m using it with adsl and when turn ipv6 is turn back on, is ok....but i am using annex A firmware....vdsl can use and the annex B and synchronise which may have different symptoms i guess ???
Any way hope they will fix it...is still nice piece of kit with great features

More
09 Dec 2012 02:47 #74466 by babis3g
Hi...just to say there is a BETA 3.6.3 ANNEX A firmware here
ftp://ftp.draytek.pl/Seria_2850/Firmware/beta/
The error at internet access page has been fixed and now it will appear ok when ipv6 is off
Also the at lan UI there is a new "web portal set up" that replaces the previous web portal at wireless UI under the station list that is missing from 3.6.3

More
09 Dec 2012 08:24 #74468 by niggly54
Thanks for that babis3g. Working as you said.
Shame they can't fix the slow speeds......

Moderators: Sami