DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Dates For New Firmware for 2850Vn?

More
09 Dec 2012 19:31 #74475 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Dates For New Firmware for 2850Vn?

niggly54 wrote: Thanks for that babis3g. Working as you said.
Shame they can't fix the slow speeds......

I am sorry but i have to say it as well
That speeds :(
Even the wan 2 will not go up to 100mb for my cable connection....is just routing ...come on draytek

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Dec 2012 20:33 #74476 by niggly54
Replied by niggly54 on topic Re: Dates For New Firmware for 2850Vn?
Well, it's looking fairly stable at the moment. Interesting to see if it reboots again during the night. My download sync has now dropped to 59000 from it's original 79000 - possibly due to the large number of FEC errors and reboots. I don't want to go back to the Openreach modem- the Draytek should be a superior piece of kit- but it just doesn't seem to give the speeds.
Going back to your WAN throughput issue- the 2920 has a firewall throughput of ~150mb/s, is the 2850 only around 100?

More
09 Dec 2012 23:17 #74478 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Dates For New Firmware for 2850Vn?

niggly54 wrote: Well, it's looking fairly stable at the moment. Interesting to see if it reboots again during the night. My download sync has now dropped to 59000 from it's original 79000 - possibly due to the large number of FEC errors and reboots. I don't want to go back to the Openreach modem- the Draytek should be a superior piece of kit- but it just doesn't seem to give the speeds.
Going back to your WAN throughput issue- the 2920 has a firewall throughput of ~150mb/s, is the 2850 only around 100?

First to your issue you have to leave it with out disturb the connection any more (keep the draytek but the openreach should be better)
Leave it around 3-5 days (since last reboot) to get stable
after that days each day reboot modem one time a day(no more)

Do this for an other about 3-4 days
With this way should synchronise each day little higher (ONLY IF find stable connection)
After that 3-4 days of daily reboot leave it for about 5 days and then reboot
DLM at cabinet is funny and needs time, once get low

SECOND option is once now this firmware is stable...to leave with out reboot for 10-15 days
Your profile should see very stable connection and should now reboot ... it should reset your profile

I would not carry on tests in so sort of time ( i see your other post but did not reply cos maybe some one knows little more for that thread, sorry) because even if you find a good firmware you may not understand it with so low synchronization because even if you put back the open reach it will not go full right away (once is bad speeds)

That last beta seems more stable for my adsl(wan 2 still not good)
The firewall of the 2850n (i m using now) is or 90 or 100mb but i dont think this is the issue
even if i turn the firewall off ...DoS etc still same speeds but the adsl modem is GREAT Indeed
I have tried a billion 7800 & asus n55u (un-tweaked both of them) and the 2850n and vigor 120v2 will synchronise by 1 - 2 mb more for my line with infineon at the LLU of TT (i got and VM connection too)

Moderators: Sami