DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2960 Experiences ?

More
29 Apr 2013 14:56 #75983 by ghostworks
Replied by ghostworks on topic Re: Vigor 2960 Experiences ?
Have you looked into the 2850 , it's pretty good and reliable , I installed 1 in my inlaws house and not been back since it works fine ... Lol, there is also launching a 2860 version

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• dgarratt
  • Topic Author
More
29 Apr 2013 15:42 #75984 by dgarratt
Replied by dgarratt on topic Re: Vigor 2960 Experiences ?
I think I'm going to risk the 2960 - being a new device and at the upper end of their range it's likely to get a reasonable amount of attention. If I live to regret it you have my permission to say you told me so :-)

Dave

More
29 Apr 2013 16:22 #75985 by ghostworks
Good luck , hope it goes fine

• dgarratt
  • Topic Author
More
29 Apr 2013 21:09 #75992 by dgarratt
It's a testament to draytek that after spending many hours this weekend trawling the net, reading reviews etc I still come back to this modem, despite any glitches it may have at the moment.

More
30 Apr 2013 10:12 #75995 by ghostworks
My CPU usage is on average at 49% ( between 33% to 71% , a few spikes to 98% that may last for an hour or so )
even thou only have 8 devices running through it showing on Data flow monitor...

• dgarratt
  • Topic Author
More
01 May 2013 08:08 #76013 by dgarratt
Got it up and running last night. Took a bit longer than anticipated and the command line script I had prepared based on the syntax of commands used by the 2820 is not valid on a 2960 and I've not found an manual for that version as yet.

The one thing which worried me initially was the time for it to boot up. I had just about convinced myself that it was broken when it started handing out ip's in the correct range.

So far no problems. The GUI is sufficiently different to mean that I'm struggling to find some items but I will get used to that.

VPN working, DHCP working - I will no doubt tweak over the weekend and see how a long term test goes. No sure how to test for upng problems. I have a webcam and that seems fine, both within the Lan and via the Wan.

Fingers crossed.

Dave

Moderators: Sami