DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

3900 High Availability

• icehot
  • Topic Author
More
10 Jun 2013 14:06 #76467 by icehot
Replied by icehot on topic Re: 3900 High Availability
Apologies for my lack of update, been on holiday... However doing a hardware reset, and then setting everything as per post by pigbloke still has the same result, configs do not sync. I guess I can live with that as long as everything else works (don't want both units trying to go online at the same time and connect to our VPNs twice over), but it is a pain to have to enter the configuration options twice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Oct 2013 21:04 #78023 by deltapc
Replied by deltapc on topic Re: 3900 High Availability
I have the same issue as you ICEHOT.

HA works sort of, changes propagate but when I turn the master off it takes anything from 5 to 10 minutes for the slave to take over.

Anyone have any clues?

Latest firmware etc.

More
16 Jan 2015 12:11 #82402 by karkan
Replied by karkan on topic Re: 3900 High Availability
Hi all

I have a question for those of you running high availability, how did you get round the problem of the what happens if the network switch fails that is plugged into the WAN ports of the 3900. If the network switch that has all the adsl/fibre modems plugged into it fails, it means that although you have high availability on the 3900, you will still lose internet connectivity, so to me it appears to just be moving the main point of failure from the router to the switches?

I am keen to hear how other people got around this issue?

Moderators: Sami