DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2850N rebooting

• samcrawford
  • Topic Author
More
07 Jan 2014 10:47 #78671 by samcrawford
Replied by samcrawford on topic Re: 2850N rebooting

Voodle wrote: Well plex is UPnP multicast stuff so what do you have set up on the applications - IGMP page? Are both things (proxy and snoop) on there disabled or enabled?

IGMP proxy is disabled. IGMP snooping is enabled (as per Draytek support's suggestion).

Getting very tempting to ditch the Draytek altogether now! I've offered the support team a packet capture of the issue and they don't seem interested. Syslog shows nothing (the crash is sudden and nothing at all is logged, no dump generated).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jan 2014 18:18 #78683 by jamespick
Replied by jamespick on topic Re: 2850N rebooting
Hi all,

Did anything come of this? I've just purchased the 2860n and getting the same reboot as soon as either 1) a Sonos unit is added to the network or 2) a Sonos app is opened on any machine (Mac, PC, iPhone) that sits on the network.

Thanks,

James

• samcrawford
  • Topic Author
More
08 Jan 2014 11:52 #78687 by samcrawford
Replied by samcrawford on topic Re: 2850N rebooting
Nope, still going back and forth with support. Can I suggest you raise a ticket as well? Maybe if a few of us raise this then they'll be more inclined to give it some proper attention.

Thanks,

Sam

More
25 Feb 2014 23:26 #79207 by fchef
Replied by fchef on topic Re: 2850N rebooting
Hello,
For the specific problem I would suggest a very simple thing to do.
For your part time staff member (who is probably getting the ip via DCHP) do a bind ip to mac, give him/her certain ip and later on Bandwidth Management >> Sessions Limit, try experimenting with some session limit.
It's probably that Plex media server (and other similar multimedia server applications) is taking a serious number of sessions. Try limiting the sessions and please report here if you would like.
Thanks

More
19 Jul 2014 14:23 #80710 by fanndax
Replied by fanndax on topic Re: 2850N rebooting
I have recently added SONOS PLAY 3 to the network which is centered around a Vigor 2860n router. Unfortunately now the router often restarts itself - it used to be very stable. I am using the latest firmware 3.7.4.1. I tried limiting the sessions suggested by fchef but it has not been successful. I will raise a support ticket as well.

More
19 Jul 2014 15:01 #80711 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: 2850N rebooting

fanndax wrote: I have recently added SONOS PLAY 3 to the network which is centered around a Vigor 2860n router. Unfortunately now the router often restarts itself - it used to be very stable. I am using the latest firmware 3.7.4.1. I tried limiting the sessions suggested by fchef but it has not been successful. I will raise a support ticket as well.

this is a 2850 thread and seems has the same issue as the 2860, but you can also join the 2860 thread here
http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18995

Moderators: Sami