DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

v2830 Wrong Firmware installed and WiFi no longer works

• clickclickuk
  • Topic Author
More
07 Apr 2014 12:29 #79575 by clickclickuk
Hello All

can you help? my boss has a v2830 and decided to upgrade the firmware however he installed the wrong version and now the wifi no longer works. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks

Click,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Apr 2014 12:39 #79576 by andyfitter
Install the right firmware?

More
07 Apr 2014 13:27 #79577 by babis3g
You need to reflash it with the *RST* file

Get the Firmware Upgrade V.3.6.5 (Windows) tool from UK support (down of their page, guessing you have windows) ... unzip it
http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/downloads

Latest firmware is 3.6.6.2 for the dual band model
ftp://ftp.draytek.com/Vigor2830/Firmware/Dual%20band/v3.6.6.2_DB/Vigor2830_db_v3.6.6.2_AnnexA/

for the single band model is here 3.6.7
ftp://ftp.draytek.com/Vigor2830/Firmware/Single%20band/v3.6.7_SB/Annex_A/

Make sure you have the correct firmware ... Note you need to use the *rst* extension file file and Not the *all* (note all settings will be lost but is a must to work again correctly)

follow this order to avoid time outs (have the upgrade tool ready and stand by first)
-turn off the 2830
-Disable temporary firewall at pc
-use ethernet cable from the 2830 to the pc & not via wifi

-open the utility upgrade tool 3.6.5
- type at IP address 192.168.1.1 (make sure the pc is at the same ip example 192.168.1.xxx) or if the address was changed by your boss use that ip range
-load the firmware with the rst file(is recommended for your case)
-password leave it blank & if timeout or any other message try admin or if is been changed try the password your boss had
- leave there the upgrade tool open & stand by ...

While the 2830 is off ... press and hold gently the front small reset button ... turn on (power on) the modem while the reset button is still under gently press ... and while the leds starts flashing ... let go the small reset button ... and press the send button at the upgrade tool before the leds at modem stops flashing fast

If any problem come back before gets permanent damage

• clickclickuk
  • Topic Author
More
07 Apr 2014 13:57 #79578 by clickclickuk
thank you for this reply. i hope to get my hands on it tomorrow and will try your fix. ill update you

More
11 Apr 2014 17:30 #79656 by cheekybuddha
Sorry to jump in on this thread, but please can you/someone explain how you know which of the 11 versions of the firmware listed in the Annex A list I should choose for upgrade. Is there an easy way to tell from the model no. etc?

TIA,

d

More
11 Apr 2014 18:38 #79657 by babis3g

cheekybuddha wrote: Sorry to jump in on this thread, but please can you/someone explain how you know which of the 11 versions of the firmware listed in the Annex A list I should choose for upgrade. Is there an easy way to tell from the model no. etc?

TIA,

d

to find out which model you have so you can use the correct firmware you need to check this link
http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/guides/kb-vigor-2830-dual-band

out of the 11 versions you can use any one but more recommended the one ending with 232201 is good and also the 2471201 may give you 1-2 mbps more

Moderators: Sami