DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

v2830 Wrong Firmware installed and WiFi no longer works

More
15 Apr 2014 19:53 #79684 by cheekybuddha
Thank you babis3g for your response - sorry I didn't see it before now. I thought I had turned on email notifications but I hadn't received any and thought no-one had replied.

out of the 11 versions you can use any one but more recommended the one ending with 232201 is good and also the 2471201 may give you 1-2 mbps more

Out of curiousity, where do you find this information?

Thanks again,

d

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Apr 2014 23:21 #79687 by babis3g

cheekybuddha wrote: Thank you babis3g for your response - sorry I didn't see it before now. I thought I had turned on email notifications but I hadn't received any and thought no-one had replied.

out of the 11 versions you can use any one but more recommended the one ending with 232201 is good and also the 2471201 may give you 1-2 mbps more

Out of curiousity, where do you find this information?

Thanks again,

d

Uk donwload pages
http://www.draytek.co.uk/download/support/readme_v2830sb.txt
I know from this quote (the link is from the 2830n single band model but same apply for the 2830n dual band)

NOTE: ADSL Modem Codes
For general purpose usage on UK lines, modem code 232201 is recommened
For ADSL2+ Annex M lines, the latest modem code 2471201 is suggested
For line speeds of less than 4Mbps, on lower quality lines a modem code with
more conservative paramaters, 211801 is suggested

Also from my expirience
The link is complicated due my English (not good) but i have done my own tests and them 2 are almost the best
http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=17573

More
16 Apr 2014 11:44 #79693 by cheekybuddha
Thank you babis3g for the information - I wish this was easier to find!

d

More
27 Jun 2014 13:52 #80422 by engdean

babis3g wrote: You need to reflash it with the *RST* file

Get the Firmware Upgrade V.3.6.5 (Windows) tool from UK support (down of their page, guessing you have windows) ... unzip it
http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/downloads

Latest firmware is 3.6.6.2 for the dual band model
ftp://ftp.draytek.com/Vigor2830/Firmware/Dual%20band/v3.6.6.2_DB/Vigor2830_db_v3.6.6.2_AnnexA/

for the single band model is here 3.6.7
ftp://ftp.draytek.com/Vigor2830/Firmware/Single%20band/v3.6.7_SB/Annex_A/

Make sure you have the correct firmware ... Note you need to use the *rst* extension file file and Not the *all* (note all settings will be lost but is a must to work again correctly)

follow this order to avoid time outs (have the upgrade tool ready and stand by first)
-turn off the 2830
-Disable temporary firewall at pc
-use ethernet cable from the 2830 to the pc & not via wifi

-open the utility upgrade tool 3.6.5
- type at IP address 192.168.1.1 (make sure the pc is at the same ip example 192.168.1.xxx) or if the address was changed by your boss use that ip range
-load the firmware with the rst file(is recommended for your case)
-password leave it blank & if timeout or any other message try admin or if is been changed try the password your boss had
- leave there the upgrade tool open & stand by ...

While the 2830 is off ... press and hold gently the front small reset button ... turn on (power on) the modem while the reset button is still under gently press ... and while the leds starts flashing ... let go the small reset button ... and press the send button at the upgrade tool before the leds at modem stops flashing fast

If any problem come back before gets permanent damage

Hello
I too have an issue that i have the SB version but have upgraded it to a DB version of the firmware.

I have followed the steps here using the upgrade tool and the 2830n works except for the wireless, can anyone suggest if there is anything else i can do?

More
27 Jun 2014 14:33 #80423 by babis3g
Re-flash again with the correct firmware for the SB model,if you did tried already, try now and via the WUI maintenance > firmware upgrade

if still not works the wifi, use the utility tool this time and load the first released firmware 3.3.6 from here
ftp://ftp.draytek.com/Vigor2830/Firmware/
then right after load the latest 3.6.7
This is may help the change of the wifi driver to make it work it again
Always use the rst file extention

More
27 Jun 2014 14:49 #80426 by engdean
thank you

i will try this now

Moderators: Sami