DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2860 reboots when syslog enabled - anyone else?

More
29 Nov 2014 00:09 #81969 by marjohn56
Good luck!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• adriandaz
  • Topic Author
More
29 Nov 2014 11:41 #81977 by adriandaz
Exactly same problem.

More
29 Nov 2014 15:05 #81980 by marjohn56
I have tried doing the same thing here and it's fine. I'm using the Draytek monitor, is that what you are using?

More
30 Nov 2014 00:48 #81984 by babis3g
did you contact the kiwi support if is any bug with their tool or if they have any latest version software?

• adriandaz
  • Topic Author
More
02 Dec 2014 09:24 #81996 by adriandaz
Updated the syslog software but that made no difference. I didn't expect it to as the router still crashes even if I point the router to a different IP address (which doesn't have syslog collector)

Draytek support supplied a new beta firmware but that didn't make a difference either. I think it's something to do with the PPPoA/LLC and authentication settings, as the router crashes as soon as it authenticates.

Only noticed this problem since moving on to a new DSLAM at the ISP, which enforces LLC, used to be able to use MUX,

• adriandaz
  • Topic Author
More
12 Dec 2014 06:36 #82092 by adriandaz
Got in touch with Drayteks Taiwan support who responded within 10 minutes and asked for the output of the syslog and the command sys ver bdg and said they would go away and test.

Received an email about 16 hours later saying they had managed to reproduce the problem and that it only happens with PPPoA. It has now been reported to their R&D team so will probably get fixed soon.

Moderators: Sami