DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Critical Firmware on US site but not UK?

More
12 Aug 2024 11:24 - 12 Aug 2024 11:26 #7 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Critical Firmware on US site but not UK?
I've taken the plunge and installed 4.4.5.4 on my 2927ax

Apart from the corrupted IP comments all appears to be well after 20 minutes uptime....

I'll report back if any issues surface

(btw - I believe it's generally thought that the .com site is Taiwan, not the US)
Last edit: 12 Aug 2024 11:26 by piste basher.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Aug 2024 11:26 #8 by ianfretwell
Replied by ianfretwell on topic Critical Firmware on US site but not UK?

Nice to know that 4.4.5.4 works on at least one 2927. :-)  Did you install it as an upgrade, keeping your existing settings, or did you have to do a factory reset when installing 4.4.5 initially and then re-enter all your settings?

Editing the LAN Comments to correct them wouldn't be a problem, if the router didn't reboot as soon as I log in! Having to do a factory reset with 4.4.5.4 installed and then entering all my settings again would be REALLY tedious and time consuming and isn't something I'm looking forward to having to do. I'm pretty sure that when I upgraded to the 2927ac from a 2925ac I did re-enter everything after a factory reset rather than restore the previous configuration, so it shouldn't be due to old / incompatible / corrupt settings causing it. All the previous 2927 firmware upgrades I've done have worked without issues.

In my case all 4 units were in-place upgrades - no re-entering of settings.

More
14 Aug 2024 11:45 - 14 Aug 2024 11:53 #9 by piste basher
4.4.5.4 has now been running on my 2927ax for 2 days. The only issue noticed so far is that the Mesh pages for "Basic" and "Advanced" Config Sync don't have any "action" tick boxes for the user or means of entering values to sync - this was previously noted in version 4.4.5 as a change from 4.4.3.1

Also, the mesh "Admin Group Password" was created by the system (as a long string) and had clearly synced with my AP's, as I was unable to login to them until I realised what had happened.

My USB2 port appears to have stopped working, but the logs indicate that happened a couple of weeks ago, before I changed the firmware
Last edit: 14 Aug 2024 11:53 by piste basher.

More
15 Aug 2024 13:58 #10 by ianq
Replied by ianq on topic Critical Firmware on US site but not UK?
Something odd is going on!
www.draytek.com.tw redirects to www.draytek.com and the v4.4.5.4 firmware for the 2927 which was there on the 9/8/24 is no longer showing. The latest showing is now v4.4.5.2 on the 22/5/24! Have they pulled it?

More
15 Aug 2024 14:20 #11 by ianfretwell
Replied by ianfretwell on topic Critical Firmware on US site but not UK?
Why worry about 4.4.5.4 - just skip straight to 4.4.5.7RC7 !!

https://i-lan.net.au/downloads/Vigor2927/Firmware/Beta/?C=M;O=A

At least the release notes on this site are more complete...

More
15 Aug 2024 15:37 #12 by piste basher
I've always used the .com site and assumed it was Taiwan...
Does look as though they've pulled 4.4.5.4, but it seems to be running OK on my 2927 apart from the issues noted. The IPv6 connection appears to be more stable than 4.4.3.1 - it would usually have dropped by now on that firmware, but it's still up.

Moderators: ChrisSami