DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Announcements - Forum migration and username change to expose email address!

More
09 Sep 2024 09:11 #37 by Chris
Morning HodgesanDY, thanks for spotting this, will have it restored shortly, I must've inadvertently done this when testing the draft functionality on Friday.

Chris
DrayTek forum moderator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• HodgesanDY
  • Topic Author
More
09 Sep 2024 10:23 #38 by HodgesanDY
No worries!

Also, I tried using the 'Code' button today (in the editor) when posting some Telnet command suggestions and it formats really oddly, take a look; it's not pleasantly displayed, was expecting at least a boarder around the code rather than a big text header saying 'CODE:' See here : https://www.draytek.co.uk/forum/routers-and-firewalls/25306-draytek-2862-wrong-validation-code#103797

Also, I immediately realised there's no 'Preview' button, only 'Submit'. Surely there should be a preview function?

• HodgesanDY
  • Topic Author
More
09 Sep 2024 10:38 - 09 Sep 2024 10:39 #39 by HodgesanDY
Hi Chris, 

Strange, and probably because you're working on the 'Reply' code at the moment, but I can't seem to get 'Quoted' posts to "Quote" now. I was trying to quote one of your posts, just a minute ago:

Hi HodgesanDY, I took a look at XenForo, the quote reply feature is excellent, we can't do it exactly the same way that they do due to the way replies work on this package, but we could potentially use the "Topic History" as the source for quoting, as it appears below the reply area.  If this sounds agreeable, I'll submit the proposal in due course :)

...which I have now copied/pasted from the "Topic History" below. This is the case for both 'Quick Reply' and drop-down 'Reply'; no quote gets loaded into the editor(s).

Anyway, my reason for quoting the above is, on an 'Edge' browser, on a PC, the 'History Table' is displayed below the reply area, whereas on a Safari (iPhone) browser, it is displayed above the reply area, just thought I'd mention it.
Last edit: 09 Sep 2024 10:39 by HodgesanDY.

More
09 Sep 2024 10:45 #40 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: code and preview
Hi HodgesanDY,

Thanks for spotting, it's hideous isn't it, shockingly that's the default view for the script even on their own forum, I'll get that improved as soon as I can.

Reading up on the lack of preview feature, it seems the writers of the script deemed it unnecessary as the editor is more "modern" and displays what's being written in the editor more closely to the site than older "bbcode" editors, but I tend to agree with you. I'll need to do some research on this one as to what I can achieve.

Chris
DrayTek forum moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: HodgesanDY

• HodgesanDY
  • Topic Author
More
09 Sep 2024 10:58 #41 by HodgesanDY
Replied by HodgesanDY on topic Re: code and preview
...whatever you've changed just now, with the black background and no ugly 'CODE:' header, looks great!

Thanks.

• HodgesanDY
  • Topic Author
More
09 Sep 2024 12:03 #42 by HodgesanDY
Hi Chris,

Another feature request...

Would it be possible to get an 'RSS Feed' set up, for the ten most recent posts? I only ask this as there are many widgets etc that can utilise an RSS Feed,, not to mention the Apple watch for example, which also links you to opening the feed summary selection in a browser (on your watch) to view the whole topic/site. Well, it works that way with the 'XenForo' based forums anyway.

Thanks

Moderators: ChrisSami