DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Announcements - Forum migration and username change to expose email address!

• HodgesanDY
  • Topic Author
More
09 Sep 2024 12:16 #43 by HodgesanDY
And another one, sorry.

Would it be possible to have a 'Jump to new post' button at the top of a topic once you have clicked on the topic. I know this happens automatically when you click on a topic that has new posts in it, but once that 'new' period has been viewed, the topic takes you back to Post #1 when you click on it from 'Recent Posts'. So having the ability to jump to the last or latest posts, would be great. 

Additionally to this, would it be possible to have a 'Sort by Date' or 'Sort by Post #' option too, that is unique to the logged in user, maybe a 'Profile Settings' option?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Sep 2024 15:30 #44 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic RSS and message ordering
Hi HodgesanDY,

RSS should now be implemented in theory, links have been added to the boards categories, and this link should show the 10 most recent throughout the board  RSS

On the jump to post query, there is a setting under Edit Profile   under the Forum Settings tab called "Preferred Message Ordering", does this help at all?

Please let me know how you get on :)

Chris
DrayTek forum moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: HodgesanDY

• HodgesanDY
  • Topic Author
More
09 Sep 2024 15:45 #45 by HodgesanDY
Replied by HodgesanDY on topic RSS and message ordering
Ahh, brilliant! I should've really checked all the profile settings before asking for something that was already there  .

And the RSS feed, great! I'll try this now, nice one. 

Thank you

• HodgesanDY
  • Topic Author
More
09 Sep 2024 15:58 #46 by HodgesanDY
Nice!

DrayTek UK forum on the Apple watch, working. That's something you couldn't do on the old forum; well not that I could find and get working before.

Thanks.

• HodgesanDY
  • Topic Author
More
12 Sep 2024 08:33 - 12 Sep 2024 08:39 #47 by HodgesanDY
Hi Chris,

On the jump to post query, there is a setting under Edit Profile   under the Forum Settings tab called "Preferred Message Ordering", does this help at all?

Please let me know how you get on :)

I’ve just noticed, now that I’ve changed the “Preferred Message Order”, the post “#1” numbers aren’t matching the preferred order. So every new message becomes #1. I’m guessing this can’t be correct, as how would you ever reference a post by its number - as it would keep changing after subsequent posts.
On other forums, people often refer to a particular post by its number in the topic.

I kind of wondered about this the other day, as the page numbers at the bottom of each page were also not reversed (my preferred order being newest post first), so I was expecting to find that if I clicked on a topic, I’d be on the latest post and the last page, but I’m at post #1 and page #1.

(Only tested this on an iPhone, not checked on a PC browser yet…)

Thanks

Last edit: 12 Sep 2024 08:39 by HodgesanDY.

More
12 Sep 2024 09:08 #48 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: Message order numbering
Morning HodgesanDY,

Seems this one was reported way back in 2018 to the developers, but they've done nothing since (https://github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Addons/issues/270).

Once draft functionality is finished, I'll take a look and see if it's something I can resolve here, I think pagination will have to remain as-is but post numbering should be something I can change.

Chris
DrayTek forum moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: HodgesanDY

Moderators: ChrisSami