DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

3G Modem Compatibility

More
08 May 2008 04:32 #19 by teasdale
Replied by teasdale on topic 3G Modem Compatibility
I know it's not on the list of capatible cards, but has anyone got 3's Huawei E169G working? Is support coming?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 May 2008 02:00 #20 by grimusmaximus
Replied by grimusmaximus on topic E169G`
Hi, waiting support on this too -have asked for a modem change from 3 (Three). Also tried latest firmware for both modem and 2820n -router doesn't recognise the device as a 3g modem. Thought I;d save you some time..

More
19 Jun 2008 12:38 #21 by alokagarwal_99
Replied by alokagarwal_99 on topic working with t-mobile Web'n'walk Plus Daily
Hi,

I have this working on a 2820 with a t-mobile E220 modem. Got it working on a PC first then just connected it up and used the default configuration without APN, username or password. Needed to reboot the router first though and it just worked!

More
20 Jun 2008 10:37 #22 by chrischambersuk
Replied by chrischambersuk on topic Re: E169G`

grimusmaximus wrote: Hi, waiting support on this too -have asked for a modem change from 3 (Three). Also tried latest firmware for both modem and 2820n -router doesn't recognise the device as a 3g modem. Thought I;d save you some time..

Unfortunately I can't remember how I did it but I'm pretty sure I did briefly have the E169G (from Three) working, however I reverted back to my ZTE MF622 for stability reasons and also because the MF622 supports the connection of an external antenna.

I'll do some further testing over the weekend, time permitting.

More
23 Jun 2008 20:32 #23 by teasdale
Replied by teasdale on topic 3G Modem Compatibility
With your MF622, which firmware on the router are you using? Is the connection stable?

More
28 Jun 2008 23:40 #24 by dieter clissmann
Replied by dieter clissmann on topic 3G Modem Compatibility
I recently got a Vigor2910 VGi and got my O2 Ireland supplied Huawei E220 to work using the parameters suggested in the DrayTek website. For other interested irish users - at least one UK supplier will post the router to an irish address using an irish credit card.

Dieter

Moderators: ChrisSami