DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Very poor, unstable ADSL2+ connection 2800 on Plusnet

• mynameishenry
  • Topic Author
More
30 Jul 2010 17:20 #19 by mynameishenry
Replied by mynameishenry on topic Very poor, unstable ADSL2+ connection 2800 on Plusnet
I don't think my FW update has been successful (what does it say on your config/status page?! Mine says '2.8.2 Annexe A E.38.02.23).

This is what I had installed befor so as far, as I can tell, it looks like I went for the beta before but this cured nothing.

Will still have another crack (..he says, still using a connection via the Thomson that has caused no problems at all and has been up and synced for over 2 months continously....)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Aug 2010 19:38 #20 by gyre
I'm not sure if this helps or not...

I use the supplied plusnet-branded speedtouch 585v7, but have configured it to work in dumb-modem mode. It was a real hassle, but the config files to do it are mostly out there on the net on the be and o2 forums.

Alternatively, a 2nd hand netgear DG834Gv4 can also be put into dumb modem mode and is just as stable... for me.

I then use the above connected via pppoe on one of my wan ports on my vigor 2920.

That way I get the best of both worlds... a modem that is really rock steady on my long-distance line, and a decent router to provide safety to my lan computers.

-- gyre --

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ChrisSami