DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820Vn Firmware v3.3.4.1 available on draytek.com

More
24 Oct 2010 21:43 #64415 by reado
I spent yesterday downgrading to 3.3.3 and re-applying hundreds of settings all over again one by one. Using the exact same configuration as 3.3.4 and 3.3.4.1, all my issues have disappeared.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Oct 2010 21:24 #64452 by adriandaz
Hi, I experienced speed issues while using the new firmware on two 2820 routers. One of them on a 17Mbit/1Mbit line and the other an 8Mbit/1Mbit line. Download speeds flucated all the time, problem was resolved by going back to the 3.3.4 firmware :?

More
25 Oct 2010 21:31 #64458 by bradley porter
Replied by bradley porter on topic 2820Vn Firmware v3.3.4.1 available on draytek.com

adriandaz wrote: Hi, I experienced speed issues while using the new firmware on two 2820 routers. One of them on a 17Mbit/1Mbit line and the other an 8Mbit/1Mbit line. Download speeds flucated all the time, problem was resolved by going back to the 3.3.4 firmware :?

What sort of speed was you getting on version 3.3.4.1? Was it below 2Mb/s?

Kind regards,
Bradley Porter

More
25 Oct 2010 21:41 #64464 by adriandaz
Yes, alot of the time it was if there was a cap fixed at 1.5Mbit on the line, even reported a fault with the ISP as it looked like it was capped at their end! - with the other router, my PC at work worked just fine, at the maximum throughput for the given line speed, but all other devices' throughput was slow,

More
25 Oct 2010 21:50 #64468 by bradley porter
Replied by bradley porter on topic 2820Vn Firmware v3.3.4.1 available on draytek.com

adriandaz wrote: Yes, alot of the time it was if there was a cap fixed at 1.5Mbit on the line, even reported a fault with the ISP as it looked like it was capped at their end! - with the other router, my PC at work worked just fine, at the maximum throughput for the given line speed, but all other devices' throughput was slow,

Hmm - so you might be another good test base for this.

I am not sure if you have read the latest posts from me in the thread, but Draytek have found the issue with my 1.4 - 1.5Mb speeds after the upgrade to 3.3.4.1. They found that my CALL filter within firewalls was enabled and pointing to the same filter as my DATA filter. This was causing an issue and lowering the speed to that magic number - yes, you guessed it 1.4Mbs - 1.5Mbs.

So the question I pose is, do you have the CALL and DATA filter enabled on the Draytek AND does each one point to the same Filter Set? If so, removing this issue (disable the CALL filter is possible or pointing it to a different filter set) will bring full speed back to life.

[EDIT - the issue only occurs in 3.3.4.1 because the CALL filters do NOT work in 3.3.4!]

Kind regards,
Bradley Porter

More
25 Oct 2010 22:05 #64469 by adriandaz
I will try this, once out of peak time as ISP traffic shaping often lowers the speeds down to around 1.5Mbit anyway :lol:

Moderators: Sami