DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820Vn Firmware v3.3.4.1 available on draytek.com

More
25 Oct 2010 22:07 #64470 by bradley porter
Replied by bradley porter on topic 2820Vn Firmware v3.3.4.1 available on draytek.com

adriandaz wrote: I will try this, once out of peak time as ISP traffic shaping often lowers the speeds down to around 1.5Mbit anyway :lol:

Time to get a new ISP!

Kind regards,
Bradley Porter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Oct 2010 22:16 #64472 by adriandaz
Impossible, Hull :)

Edit: still slow :(

More
25 Oct 2010 22:36 #64473 by adriandaz
MTU was at previously at 1500, lowered it to 1458 and now speeds are back to normal :)

More
25 Oct 2010 22:39 #64474 by bradley porter
Replied by bradley porter on topic 2820Vn Firmware v3.3.4.1 available on draytek.com

adriandaz wrote: MTU was at previously at 1500, lowered it to 1458 and now speeds are back to normal :)

OK - so there is the MTU issue.

However, out of interest, did you have the firewall DATA and CALL set-up as I described above?

Kind regards,
Bradley Porter

More
25 Oct 2010 22:44 #64475 by adriandaz
They were on default settings on the previous firmware, I turned them off for the new firmware. I will do another test shortly, my wifi connection has just come back on :)

More
25 Oct 2010 22:48 #64476 by bradley porter
If you turned them off (both CALL and DATA) then you would not see the issue where speeds drop to 1.4Mb. You would just see the issue with the MTU. I was trying to see whether there was some connection between the filter issue and the MTU as both cause a drop of speed.

I have not yet had chance to try this myself at the moment - there certainly still seems to be two issues floating about - the MTU problem AND the issue with the CALL and DATA filter pointing to the same filter.

Thank you for testing for me - a man who is out of the office (me) much appreciates it!

Kind regards,
Bradley Porter

Moderators: Sami