DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820Vn Firmware v3.3.4.1 available on draytek.com

More
21 Nov 2010 13:43 #64953 by northerngit
Replied by northerngit on topic 2820Vn Firmware v3.3.4.1 available on draytek.com
As I mentioned in the 3.3.5 bugs post:

The long standing bug since 3.4.0 with wireless connectivity and the XBOX360 is still present.

This is ridiculous; numerous people have logged support tickets over the last few months, and it's still flaky.

I'm REALLY getting fed up with Draytek.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Nov 2010 10:48 #65045 by boucherpr
Replied by boucherpr on topic Why did I buy a Draytek
I bought my new Draytek 2820 believing it was a business quality modem router that would be buletproof. I bought the Draytek vigor 2820n to link 2 adsl lines and provide a load ballenced quality service.

I get constant dropped lines on ADSL and now WAN2 port forwarding from my Netgear dg834g set in modelm only mode has just stopped working. Netgear router is connecting on its own.

Have tried all firmwares. Never had so many problems with cheaper modem routers. And this forum is full of similar problems. I raised problem to draytek support but apart form an acknowledgement no response.

I am sorry but quality of connection, firmware and support is a BIG dissapointment. :( , I cant bet by business on this product.

I should have read drayteks own forum first, lesson learned.

Gone back to using two ADSL lines on original cheap modem routers it was stable , quick and easy to maintain.

Phil Boucher

More
28 Nov 2010 18:33 #65052 by benji
Whilst I would agree that Drayteks (having used various since the original one you plugged the BT USB "frog" into) seem to be more sensitive to line fluctuations in SNR and tend to also sync lower I would say this largely will depend on the line (and ISP) and how you have it setup.

I have had a 2820 since they came out and so used pretty much all firmwares - frequently get 30+ day uptime on line sync and never had a router crash.

This is BE on ADSL2+, running about 10Mb and SNR floating between 7 and 3 and hardly any CRCs.

More
02 Dec 2010 22:58 #65122 by jolley

jolley wrote: Upgraded to 3.3.5 RC5 and reset to defaults, manually programmed settings and all is good again. I notice only 1 RX CRC error and modem code is now 211011 rather than 232201.

Scrub that, ongoing problems with the ADSL modem since upgrading from anything after 3.3.3.

Moderators: ChrisSami