DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820n 3.3.7

• paraprod
  • Topic Author
More
15 Nov 2011 10:16 #70075 by paraprod
2820n 3.3.7 was created by paraprod
Just installed this and noticed the my Open Port page 1-10 doesn't render correctly in FF8.0 or Safari 5.1.1 on a Mac. Anyone else?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Nov 2011 11:28 #70077 by briain
Replied by briain on topic Re: 2820n 3.3.7
Hi

One thing that would be handy is for Draytek to sort the display on IOS Safari (for things like MAC/IP bindings etc) as the drop down lists are in a bit of a mess, which makes it tricky when trying to check or change things using an iPad. This isn't a new issue; it was there in the previous FW's, too.

Bri

• paraprod
  • Topic Author
More
15 Nov 2011 13:01 #70078 by paraprod
Replied by paraprod on topic Re: 2820n 3.3.7
I think this FW has broken Port Forwarding. :x Can anyone confirm?

More
15 Nov 2011 14:14 #70079 by patr10t
Replied by patr10t on topic Re: 2820n 3.3.7
Initially experienced same issue myself using .all fw. Resorted to re-flash with .rst fw and problem resolved

More
15 Nov 2011 19:21 #70085 by briain
Hi

Well spotted, I'll go and check that out; did you 'rst' flash it then upload a saved config to restore the settings, or did doing that close the ports again?

Bri

More
16 Nov 2011 10:53 #70095 by briain
Hi

It actually looked okay in mine (3.3.7 using the 232201 version), but I decided to install the rst version and configure it all from scratch, just in case there were any other odd issues. :)

One thing I note is that when doing a full reset, the 2820 with 3.3.7 still boots up with wireless enabled and with absolutely no security set. Whilst this might be considered almost acceptable (by some, but not by me) for a cheap domestic home device, I think it is a very bad strategy for a business class product as it means the network is totally exposed until you reconfigure the wireless section. Whilst I know of this issue from 3.3.5 (full story below) and thus immediately turned it off, for anyone new to Draytek, the chances are that they'll take some time to get to the wireless section (whilst setting everything else up) and thus their network security be compromised for that period. I think Draytek should reconsider this strategy and do as Cisco do for their WAP's; after a reset, they boot up with the radio disabled (so you can set up the security before enabling the radio).

Bri

PS Out of interest, I use a separate WAP and thus don't use the wireless section of the Draytek. I first noticed the above several months ago when I had performed a full rst when updating to 3.3.5.2 (as advised in the release notes). I didn't even think to look at the wireless section as i have never used it and also as I was so used to the Cisco safe reset strategy. Severl hours later, I was very surprised to find that there was an unsecured Draytek WAP somewhere near me (I'm in a very built up area, so that's not impossible) and then a few moments later, absolutely horrified when I realised that it was actually my own network! Okay, I initially felt very silly as should have checked, but it simply never occurred that the default would be to enable wireless and with no security set (I then went from feeling very silly to feeling very annoyed). I really think that is an unsafe practice and that Draytek should consider changing it.

Moderators: Sami