DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820n 3.3.7

More
19 Nov 2011 16:03 #70160 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: 2820n 3.3.7

toibs wrote: all working previously and upgraded from 3.3.3 (there were issues for me on the intermediate releases), Since the move to 3.3.7 i now seem to be getting intermittant DNS issues with this one.

DNS's are the same as they have ever been (isp's own) and have never experienced issues. They confirm no isues over the last few days, however now, whilst i am still seeing ppp session up and happy, DNS's seem to disappear (Well they are still there, however things intermittantly fail due to "no dns"...

This is on both a wireless and wired connection.

This is on an .all install with no old backup (re-built from scratch).

Have you got DoS defense turned on under the Firewall section? UDP flood defense is the only thing that I can think of that would cause that to be flakey.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Nov 2011 21:11 #70164 by oxygendebt
Replied by oxygendebt on topic Re: 2820n 3.3.7
I use PRTG Network Monitor on my home network.

Upgrading from 3.3.5.2 to 3.3.7 (*.rst, but uploading an old config file rather than a manual rebuild) breaks the SNMP logging that PRTG relies on.

The SNMP settings in the 2820n web GUI (system maintenance -> management tab) were unchanged; no extra settings or any changes apparent between the firmware upgrades.

Anyone else had a similar issue? PRTG works (i.e. logs throughput) again instantly if I pull back to 3.3.5.2

Jon

More
21 Nov 2011 10:14 #70173 by gmegson
Replied by gmegson on topic Re: 2820n 3.3.7

oxygendebt wrote: I use PRTG Network Monitor on my home network.

Upgrading from 3.3.5.2 to 3.3.7 (*.rst, but uploading an old config file rather than a manual rebuild) breaks the SNMP logging that PRTG relies on.

The SNMP settings in the 2820n web GUI (system maintenance -> management tab) were unchanged; no extra settings or any changes apparent between the firmware upgrades.

Anyone else had a similar issue? PRTG works (i.e. logs throughput) again instantly if I pull back to 3.3.5.2

Jon

I've tried a package called VitalSuite (VitalNET) used in ISP's, SP, MSP etc against the 2820n on 3.3.7 - worked on 3.3.5.2 but on 3.3.7 I have normalization issues trying to discover it. I've spent zero time investigating it as yet but the initial prognosis suggests the SNMP fucntions on 3.3.7 are broken :roll:

More
22 Nov 2011 20:35 #70188 by sp0
Replied by sp0 on topic Re: 2820n 3.3.7

Voodle wrote:

toibs wrote: DNS's seem to disappear

Have you got DoS defense turned on under the Firewall section? UDP flood defense is the only thing that I can think of that would cause that to be flakey.

I had DNS issues similar to this, once every few days. Draytek support recommended "Increase number to 500 or more for Firewall/DoS defense Setup/Enable UDP flood defense(Threshold)". I did that, and the problem has not recurred in a couple of weeks of usage.

More
23 Nov 2011 12:31 #70190 by toibs
Replied by toibs on topic Re: 2820n 3.3.7
I have other issues with mine strangely - ADSL keeps dropping out once or twice a day. confirmed onto router since have replaced with a hacked homehub2 and all has been stable. Will try another install tonight...

Re my previous comment, i thought i;d done a full .rst as opposed to an .all install, since i had to re-install all settings from scratch. Will try it all again tonight from scratch again anyhow just to check...

Paul

• paraprod
  • Topic Author
More
23 Nov 2011 12:33 #70191 by paraprod
Replied by paraprod on topic Re: 2820n 3.3.7
Seems like a pretty disastrous FW release this one.

Moderators: Sami