DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820n 3.3.7

More
16 Nov 2011 13:06 #70100 by j03y
Replied by j03y on topic Re: 2820n 3.3.7
Used the .all upgrade and all was fine for a few days. All of a sudden we have a problem with a web server on a DMZ behind WAN2. For
whatever reason trying to access this site through the IP, no domain on it yet, causes the router to reboot. It wasn't doing this before.

Will have to drop back to 3.3.5.2 because of this.

Port forwarding does seem to be ok.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Nov 2011 13:43 #70103 by j03y
Replied by j03y on topic Re: 2820n 3.3.7
Have just tried to backup the config and reflash with RST firmware. After re-applying the config the same happens. This is a disaster.

More
16 Nov 2011 19:20 #70117 by nealuk
Replied by nealuk on topic Re: 2820n 3.3.7

J03y wrote: Have just tried to backup the config and reflash with RST firmware. After re-applying the config the same happens. This is a disaster.

It is a long time known issue that configs aren't portable between different draytek firmwares. Irritating, but true. Hence I have thick files of print outs to make the config from scratch each time.

More
18 Nov 2011 11:29 #70140 by patr10t
Replied by patr10t on topic Re: 2820n 3.3.7

nealuk wrote:

J03y wrote: Have just tried to backup the config and reflash with RST firmware. After re-applying the config the same happens. This is a disaster.

It is a long time known issue that configs aren't portable between different draytek firmwares. Irritating, but true. Hence I have thick files of print outs to make the config from scratch each time.

Agree, have been using various Draytek devices for a number of years now and always found a full rst plus manual rebuild appears to provide the most stable system. 3.3.7 has been rock solid for me since deploying and most importantly, resolved the Sip registration timeout issues as per previous firmwares.

More
18 Nov 2011 13:16 #70146 by toibs
Replied by toibs on topic Re: 2820n 3.3.7
all working previously and upgraded from 3.3.3 (there were issues for me on the intermediate releases), Since the move to 3.3.7 i now seem to be getting intermittant DNS issues with this one.

DNS's are the same as they have ever been (isp's own) and have never experienced issues. They confirm no isues over the last few days, however now, whilst i am still seeing ppp session up and happy, DNS's seem to disappear (Well they are still there, however things intermittantly fail due to "no dns"...

This is on both a wireless and wired connection.

This is on an .all install with no old backup (re-built from scratch).

More
18 Nov 2011 19:40 #70153 by nealuk
Replied by nealuk on topic Re: 2820n 3.3.7

toibs wrote: ...This is on an .all install with no old backup (re-built from scratch)...

the .all file will keep all exitsing settings [and configuration incompatabilities between different firmware versions]

I confidently recommend that you use the .rst ( = full reset) firmware file and then re-build from scratch. Best regards, Neal

Moderators: Sami