DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2750n Slow Upload Speed

• suprawez
  • Topic Author
More
15 May 2013 22:47 #76210 by suprawez
Replied by suprawez on topic Re: Vigor 2750n Slow Upload Speed
Draytek Support latest response is that the beta firmware for the 2850 has improved the upload speed but not resolved it, there is no ETA on a fix for the 2750.

I believe there is now a 2760, im now wondering if the 2750 will ever be fixed or we will be left with an expensive paperweight :(

Draytek 2750n on Zen Broadband

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 May 2013 00:23 #76211 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Vigor 2750n Slow Upload Speed
Sorry mate ... i understand how you feel ... i don't think now the new 2760 is out, they will NO stop supporting the 2750, is got some good sales ... is just may take longer ...
However the support still did not answered you what another member asked in this thread ... why the upload has many errors

As mentioned by me if i had FTTC i was gonna replace the faceplate with the normal one and also i would add a normal VDSL splitter/filter direct to the test master socket and see how is performing

Other European countries , using VDSL they are not changing the master socket when installing VDSL but just they supply another filter for it ... i have seen cases VDSL worked even with normal adsl filter/splitter ... before someone comes and tells me i am wrong is only personal opinion from reports seen around

Looking today for a thread in this forum trying a 2760 to work for a Greek ISP, came to this guide which the instructions clearly can see a normal (but) VDSL splitter/filter was installed as a normal adsl connection in order the VDSL connection to work and NO change to the Phone Socket (hello...) and line is using Annex A as well over PSTN (same analoge as POTS for UK) - (only ISDN lines reported lost of voice service by changing the guys different filters but VDSL connection was fine)
http://www.wind.com.gr/files/1/eksoplismostabs/VDSL/WIND_VDSL-QSG_installation.pdf

Note ... is the default with VDSL modem the ISP supplying ... so adding 3rd part modem it should not make problem

In my believe BT adding extra faceplate with VDSL for extra REIN filtering

• suprawez
  • Topic Author
More
16 May 2013 09:13 #76212 by suprawez
If mine was an isolated case I would spend more time on diagnosing my connection, but its not an isolated case.

The simple fact is, this is an issue for the 2750 and 2850 VDSL units as acknowledged by Draytek by the fact they have not yet resolved it and have said so.

I am not saying that my line is perfect but the performance from the Draytek unit should at least be able to match what the BT equipment can do, at present is cannot.

More
16 May 2013 10:28 #76214 by elbowe
Replied by elbowe on topic Re: Vigor 2750n Slow Upload Speed
I have had the 2750 in the box for six months, I spent the last two days getting it in to replace my Infinity gear from BT. Works well, and for what I want it for (child sex filtering) it is a dream.

HOWEVER, the first thing I did was check the speed, it is a clear 7mb speed down and 2mb down off the BT infinity gear. I'm not too bothered as I do not need 40mb, 33mb is fine for me as I want the parental control, however, I'm annoyed they are dragging their heels over this for you.

I'm also having major issues with the NAT on it, it just does not work.

Les

• suprawez
  • Topic Author
More
20 May 2013 17:14 #76262 by suprawez
No further updates from Draytek as yet :(

More
20 May 2013 18:00 #76265 by elbowe
Replied by elbowe on topic Re: Vigor 2750n Slow Upload Speed
I sorted the NAT :-)

Moderators: Sami