DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2750n Slow Upload Speed

More
01 Apr 2013 09:55 #75734 by mike turner
Replied by mike turner on topic Re: Vigor 2750n Slow Upload Speed
I have my MTU size set to AUTO.

I, however, am not getting the upload errors that you are reporting, and I am still on 1412f0 modem firmware, with an upstream SNR of 6.0 and downstream of 6.3.

Mike.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Apr 2013 09:58 #75735 by niggly54
Replied by niggly54 on topic Re: Vigor 2750n Slow Upload Speed
Sorry for the confusion Mike- my comments were aimed at the OP- suprawez.

• suprawez
  • Topic Author
More
01 Apr 2013 11:36 #75736 by suprawez
Replied by suprawez on topic Re: Vigor 2750n Slow Upload Speed

Mike Turner wrote: I notice that, in all but one example, you seem to be using the BT speed tester. I, too, noticed an apparent halving in the reported upload speed, after BT updated there tester, recently. However, if I use other speed testers, such as http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest.html or http://www.speedtest.net/ I get excellent results.

Speedtest.net displays the same result.

Another user also posted results from speedtest.net showing the same result, 50% loss in upload speed.

Draytek 2750n on Zen Broadband

• suprawez
  • Topic Author
More
01 Apr 2013 11:41 #75737 by suprawez

niggly54 wrote: That's a good point Mike. I too have noticed some variation in the results from the BT tester. Speedtest.net seems to give the most consistent results. There are still however, a lot of errors occurring on the upload side with the Draytek, which may explain it's poor performance. One other thought- what is your MTU set to in the internet set up?

EDIT: Just found this on the BT Care Forum-
Problem solved,it was the QoS settings in my DrayTek 2750n,I had not set an upload port setting properly and was getting a conflict on one of my Gb LAN ports,which was stopping the WAN port on upload getting above 5000kbps approx.

I will double check the MTU when I next try the 2750, QoS was checked when first installed weeks ago. To be honest I'm getting a little tired of being Drayteks guinea pig, they have released a product which multiple customers have reported an issue with, I'm not a BETA tester, I have provided the debug info they requested and awaiting a response.

• suprawez
  • Topic Author
More
04 Apr 2013 21:34 #75763 by suprawez
No further updates from Draytek as yet :(

More
05 Apr 2013 01:04 #75767 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Vigor 2750n Slow Upload Speed
What niggly54 mentioned about the filter of VDSL at master socket may be right...

Unforchantly i don't have now infinity (moved house) ... but if i had ... i would move the iplate of the master socket and order an ordinary one (mine when had fibre from TT the BT openreach engineer took the original plate from the NT5 socket or just added the iplate on top ... don't remember by now) and see if will make any difference

Really can not go wrong all draytek models with VDSL and mainly few having problems more with upload.
When infinity takes place they adding an iplate(so & for me when i had fibre). Was reading in other forum discussions about the master socket & iplate with bt infinity ... One of its role is for extra filtering so it may be the case, not that good for draytek while the modem may be ok

Moderators: Sami