DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2750n Slow Upload Speed

• suprawez
  • Topic Author
More
07 Mar 2013 11:02 #75504 by suprawez
Replied by suprawez on topic Re: Vigor 2750n Slow Upload Speed
I believe its a software problem as both the Draytek and BT HG612 sync at the same speed but throughput is half on the draytek.

Draytek 2750n on Zen Broadband

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• suprawez
  • Topic Author
More
08 Mar 2013 12:40 #75515 by suprawez
Got some new firmware which I will test later and post results 8)

More
08 Mar 2013 13:10 #75518 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Vigor 2750n Slow Upload Speed
Good Luck :)

• suprawez
  • Topic Author
More
11 Mar 2013 21:17 #75536 by suprawez
Sadly the results are much the same if not a little worse :(

I really hope Draytek can resolve this.

Firmware Version : 1.5.3_RC2
Build Date : 8th Jan 2013
VDSL Modem Code : 1412f0

TPLink Router and BT TG612 Modem

Draytek 2750n with newly provided firmware v1.5.3_RC2

Draytek 2750n with newly provided firmware v1.5.3_RC2 - after a hardware reset

More
11 Mar 2013 22:21 #75537 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Vigor 2750n Slow Upload Speed
If you are using the ehternet cables came with the draytek can you change it with an other cat 5e? and see if is better?
I mean If is possible and the lan to pc cable rj45 ... and the one from master socket to draytek(wan) input rj11
I have seen some where that replacing the cables coming by default with draytek the speed was better

Also i have one more suggestion for next time when you power on/off the draytek ... and is nothing to loose
While the 2750 is turned Off ... take out the cable coming from master socket rj 11 plug (going to wan of the draytek)...you can just unplug it from the 2750 wan
Turn on the 2750 and wait until the 2750 will be ready for operation
(Check at the status page - the one you posted the screen shot - and see if is any info at status page and server information with out the wan cable â–¶Noteâ—€ this is only for educational purpose if will show the chipset of the 2750, once telnet was not working)
Now while the 2750 is on and ready for operation ... plug in the rj11 cable to the 2750 wan and see when synchronise, if is better speed
I will also suggest to try the G carrier B43 and ask support if is possible give you an annex B version firmware
EDIT
Watch the status page if upload start with higher speed (initial, handshake) and drops after showtime message

Thank you for your time and hope a fix soon

• suprawez
  • Topic Author
More
12 Mar 2013 13:18 #75541 by suprawez

babis3g wrote: If you are using the ehternet cables came with the draytek can you change it with an other cat 5e? and see if is better?
I mean If is possible and the lan to pc cable rj45 ... and the one from master socket to draytek(wan) input rj11
I have seen some where that replacing the cables coming by default with draytek the speed was better

Never used the Draytek supplied cables, I used the Cat 5e cable that was plugged into the TPLink. The RJ11 is a shielded HQ cable, again the same one used with the TG612 BT modem.

Also i have one more suggestion for next time when you power on/off the draytek ... and is nothing to loose
While the 2750 is turned Off ... take out the cable coming from master socket rj 11 plug (going to wan of the draytek)...you can just unplug it from the 2750 wan
Turn on the 2750 and wait until the 2750 will be ready for operation
(Check at the status page - the one you posted the screen shot - and see if is any info at status page and server information with out the wan cable â–¶Noteâ—€ this is only for educational purpose if will show the chipset of the 2750, once telnet was not working)
Now while the 2750 is on and ready for operation ... plug in the rj11 cable to the 2750 wan and see when synchronise, if is better speed

Have tried this already as I have the old setup and the Draytek running alongside each other and simply swap the LAN and WAN cables over to test it.

I will also suggest to try the G carrier B43 and ask support if is possible give you an annex B version firmware
EDIT
Watch the status page if upload start with higher speed (initial, handshake) and drops after showtime message
Thank you for your time and hope a fix soon

Not tried this yet, will give this a go.

Moderators: Sami