DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2750n Slow Upload Speed

More
04 Mar 2013 12:57 #75431 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Vigor 2750n Slow Upload Speed
as mentioned my post up i dont have the 2750
with my 2850 the commands are
show adsl, adsl show, adsl status, perhaps if you replace the adsl with vdsl may works or the adsl command may still good

If will work then you need to remove the rg 11 cable from going to the wan port and refresh the telnet command
should show you the chipset vendor of the 2750
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• suprawez
  • Topic Author
More
04 Mar 2013 14:54 #75444 by suprawez
Replied by suprawez on topic Re: Vigor 2750n Slow Upload Speed

babis3g wrote: as mentioned my post up i dont have the 2750
with my 2850 the commands are
show adsl, adsl show, adsl status, perhaps if you replace the adsl with vdsl may works or the adsl command may still good

If will work then you need to remove the rg 11 cable from going to the wan port and refresh the telnet command
should show you the chipset vendor of the 2750
Thanks

Sadly none of those commands are available, when you login you are presented with a Linux type OS, a bash shell if I remember correctly :(

Draytek 2750n on Zen Broadband

More
04 Mar 2013 15:11 #75445 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Vigor 2750n Slow Upload Speed
ah ok sorry .. hope any other member give any suggestion soon or try the support team, the upspeed is really low indeed
http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/techquery.html

Did you tried the B43 carrier? I was reading old articles with other 3rd part vdsl modems (& the hacked 612) if was set there upload was always little better

• suprawez
  • Topic Author
More
04 Mar 2013 21:09 #75449 by suprawez
The issue is I do not want to keep swapping the devices over as this may force the DLM to kick in and drop my rate :(

• suprawez
  • Topic Author
More
05 Mar 2013 14:46 #75452 by suprawez

babis3g wrote: ah ok sorry .. hope any other member give any suggestion soon or try the support team, the upspeed is really low indeed
http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/techquery.html

Just filled in the form, awaiting a response :)

More
05 Mar 2013 22:41 #75460 by niggly54
Replied by niggly54 on topic Re: Vigor 2750n Slow Upload Speed
I feel your pain suprawez. My 2850n almost went in the bin, I was so frustrated with the slow upload speed. Draytek offered me no resolution to my request for help, so I gave up with it. As it turned out- I had a copper line fault which BT eventually fixed- but I have not tried the Draytek back on the line. My speed with the HG612 and my Draytek 2920n is 74mb down and 16mb up. The 2850n would only give 13 at best.
I suspect there is an element of matching going on with chipsets- I even bought a BT ECI modem to try to see if that improved things- but because of my unknown line fault, it didn't seem to make a difference.
I guess the Draytek is set up for data integrity- so it will sync at the best speed to give the lowest errors consistent with high throughput. The HG612 I suspect, is a bit like an old XR3i- fast and crude to get the best performance from what is available. Still like my Drayteks though :)

Moderators: Sami