Vigor 2750n Slow Upload Speed

• suprawez
  • Topic Author
More
27 Mar 2013 12:54 #75695 by suprawez
Replied by suprawez on topic Re: Vigor 2750n Slow Upload Speed

clickclickuk wrote: Hello

I too seem to be suffering from this. See my details

Speed test reports 66mb down and 10mb up yet when i swap back to my BT infinity modem + Router i get 18mb up.

Thanks for reporting this as it shows the issue is not restricted to my setup, im also using a different ISP to yourself, you appear to be with BT direct and I am with Zen Internet.

Draytek 2750n on Zen Broadband

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Mar 2013 13:38 #75696 by drakkax
Replied by drakkax on topic Re: Vigor 2750n Slow Upload Speed
Hi I get the same issue as well, 7mb upload on draytek and 15/16mb on OR modem.

Stats from Draytek.
VDSL Information firmware version: 1412f0 Modem Settings: CPE in Route Mode
Profile State UP Speed Down Speed SNR Upstream SNR Downstream
17a Showtime 20000 (Kbps) 54976 (Kbps) 66 (0.1dB) 62 (0.1dB)
Server Information Infineon

Since theres many cases of this issue I'm wondering if its purely hardware.

More
27 Mar 2013 22:57 #75705 by niggly54
Replied by niggly54 on topic Re: Vigor 2750n Slow Upload Speed
Looking at your router stats- for an IP Profile of 20mb you are only syncing at a max of 18 or so. There are also a large number of errors on the upload. Your upload snr is also very similar to the download- where I would expect it to be higher. I first thought- noise, but your download would also be affected. QoS on the Draytek seems to work in an odd way, and turning it on improves the upolad at the expense of a slight drop in download speed. My 2850n speed issues were found to be down to a line fault and now my download speed in comparable to the Huawei modem but my upload around 2mb slower.

• suprawez
  • Topic Author
More
28 Mar 2013 09:29 #75707 by suprawez
Replied by suprawez on topic Re: Vigor 2750n Slow Upload Speed

niggly54 wrote: Looking at your router stats- for an IP Profile of 20mb you are only syncing at a max of 18 or so. There are also a large number of errors on the upload. Your upload snr is also very similar to the download- where I would expect it to be higher. I first thought- noise, but your download would also be affected. QoS on the Draytek seems to work in an odd way, and turning it on improves the upolad at the expense of a slight drop in download speed. My 2850n speed issues were found to be down to a line fault and now my download speed in comparable to the Huawei modem but my upload around 2mb slower.

The fact its working on another device and its happening with three separate customers, using different ISPs suggests to me there is a problem with either the firmware or hardware.

This is not an isolated case, I would hazard a guess its the same for everyone, but lets be honest how many people check their speeds before and after.

As it stands I have an expensive paperweight which will be on its way back to Draytek if this issue is not addressed, as its stands this is my first Draytek product and from this experience prob the last :(

Draytek 2750n on Zen Broadband

More
29 Mar 2013 00:25 #75713 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Vigor 2750n Slow Upload Speed
from what i have seen around some of the users are few having same issue, while some claiming works fine but the ones claiming works fine never gave out any pics of stats with speed tests
This is the same and with the 2850

I don't think is hardware issue
I think is firmware because the BT openreach is using Annex B plus trellis is off for upload and on for download (according to unlocked stats)
http://drlforum.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=211&pid=2653#pid2653

But mainly i think ... is not compatible the chipset with VDSL cabinet
Most BT cabinets are using Broadcom while the 2750 is using Metanoia
http://bc.whirlpool.net.au/bc/hardware/?action=h_view&model_id=1243

There is one more rumour (as BT cabinet & modem using same chipset) that between them must be a special kind of talking/code

It could also be (and here i am more suspecting) because is the upload which suffers more almost each post i have seen ... so it could be a bad order or firmware design where some how the upload bandwitch must be blocked some how in the 2750 ... so if DrayTek engineers can investigate ... it will be great

More
31 Mar 2013 14:40 #75721 by drakkax
Replied by drakkax on topic Re: Vigor 2750n Slow Upload Speed

babis3g wrote: I think is firmware because the BT openreach is using Annex B

Does an Annex B firmware even exist for the 2750n?

Also is there anyway to connect the OR modem to the 2750n so we can gain full upload speed while we wait for a fix?

Moderators: Sami