DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2860n and ever decreasing VDSL sync speeds

More
29 Oct 2014 13:40 #81543 by babis3g
I miss understood, because i was thinking you did not tried it ... well if the vector due the extra ability for noise cancellation, does not make difference for you ... apologies :oops: ... Hope support will supply you soon with a more stable firmware version

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Nov 2014 11:49 #81625 by tribz
Hi, thanks for the beta. I'll try it out of work hours tonight.

I did download the vectoring firmware and there was >2Mb difference on the download and a <.5Mb on the download so it was definately an improvement.

More
03 Nov 2014 11:58 #81627 by babis3g
that is why i am suggesting the vector, it works really good even for my adsl line ... it has noise cancellation (due to how vectoring works) and i think is more stable
I have test it (older firmware with a 2760 was released long time before the 2860 - both same chipset and dsl driver) in a far broadcom line & was getting drop with the STD every 2-3 days due to snr
The vector has kept same line 18 days without drops & performance was way better, i think the bit swap needs improvement (fine tuning) in both versions because does not seems work perfect, if someone from support looking this can investigate as i have not tool right now to watch the line bit swaps

More
03 Nov 2014 12:39 #81628 by babis3g
adding ... i would say do not test the beta yet but keep vector few days
reading how DLM works for vdsl here (check plusnet link)
http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19734&p=81617#p81617
if it will not drop connection or much errors over 1-2 days i would say to do a manual reboot your 2860 (after 1-2 days) if the speed has gone higher because if dlm do find stable connection with the vector should increase performance as well

• marjohn56
  • Topic Author
More
03 Nov 2014 16:58 #81643 by marjohn56
Replied by marjohn56 on topic Re: 2860n and ever decreasing VDSL sync speeds
Interesting... what was this beta to meant to fix?

More
03 Nov 2014 17:06 #81646 by babis3g

marjohn56 wrote: Interesting... what was this beta to meant to fix?

The same released notes as the one 3.7.4.3 in UK ... just with the vector the modem code & the enabled noise cancellation change
ftp://ftp.draytek.com/Vigor2860/v3.7.4.3/Vigor2860_v3.7.4.3_release_note.pdf

Moderators: Sami