DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2860n and ever decreasing VDSL sync speeds

More
20 Nov 2014 09:39 #81873 by babis3g
thanks :) ...if i had a beta in my hands i would test as well as usual but nothing yet lately for my 2760

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Nov 2014 11:10 #81874 by babis3g
@ marjohn 56

ask the support to add and dsl uptime at the General tab with the errors, system time is not matter much just is nice to see that errors with how long the xdsl is on :)

is also really great to display the dlm/cabinet the errors as well without needing telnet & complicate processes to read them :!:
Draytek going top of pops :mrgreen:

• marjohn56
  • Topic Author
More
20 Nov 2014 13:53 #81875 by marjohn56
Replied by marjohn56 on topic Re: 2860n and ever decreasing VDSL sync speeds
I will email Lee when he is back next week to pass on my thoughts. He told me he had asked for the stats to be added to the GUI.

I would also like them to add Since start, 60minute & 15 minute Delta stats, so I can see what has changed since start and in the last 15 & 60 minutes.

I raised my SNR this morning to 6.2 db, wanted to try and reduce both CRC and FEC errors, sacrificing a little speed in the process, it has worked quite nicely.

There are obviously still errors but they are down somewhat. I may add a little more tomorrow, I'll see how it goes for a day or so.

• marjohn56
  • Topic Author
More
21 Nov 2014 10:16 #81882 by marjohn56
Replied by marjohn56 on topic Re: 2860n and ever decreasing VDSL sync speeds
@babis3g

Answer this for me.

If I enter vdsl snr 6.4, I end up with it saying the SNR margin delta is 7. Range is -50 to 50.

How is this worked out? If I want to set my snr back to 6 do I enter snr 6 or snr -1?

More
21 Nov 2014 11:27 #81884 by babis3g
If you want to change by 1 db the snr use -10 (for lower mines values)
if you want to lower by 2db the snr use -20
by 3 use -30 ...
so for higher snr target use just 30 (will set by 3db higher)

some mentioned with the 2860 used and -5,-15,-25 and worked (will lower the snr by half, 1,5 , 2,5 etc)...
but the range for tweaking is -50 to 50 ...so can only tweak up/down 5 db ... if i have explained well,

I have some time to play with the snr at mine because now i am with a capped profile of 4 mbps (my choice) so the tweak has not point for me ... but if remember correctly say you lower by -30 ... then if you want to go back to default you will need to do vdsl snr 30 this time ... maybe that is your issue?

If you have add -10 then an other time -20 ... if you want to go back at the default , you may need remember to add 30 (positive value set higher the snr)

can try 0 as well but i think you need put back the opposite value for returning

More
21 Nov 2014 11:32 #81885 by babis3g

marjohn56 wrote: @babis3g
How is this worked out? If I want to set my snr back to 6 do I enter snr 6 or snr -1?

to answer ... before you changed to 6 what was the original snr value before?

Moderators: Sami