2860n and ever decreasing VDSL sync speeds

• marjohn56
  • Topic Author
More
21 Nov 2014 13:00 #81886 by marjohn56
Replied by marjohn56 on topic Re: 2860n and ever decreasing VDSL sync speeds

babis3g wrote:

marjohn56 wrote: @babis3g
How is this worked out? If I want to set my snr back to 6 do I enter snr 6 or snr -1?

to answer ... before you changed to 6 what was the original snr value before?

Currently says its 7, it was 6. I am sure I entered 6.4 and then it said 7. That's why I'm confused!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• marjohn56
  • Topic Author
More
21 Nov 2014 13:02 #81887 by marjohn56

babis3g wrote: If you want to change by 1 db the snr use -10 (for lower mines values)
if you want to lower by 2db the snr use -20
by 3 use -30 ...
so for higher snr target use just 30 (will set by 3db higher)

some mentioned with the 2860 used and -5,-15,-25 and worked (will lower the snr by half, 1,5 , 2,5 etc)...
but the range for tweaking is -50 to 50 ...so can only tweak up/down 5 db ... if i have explained well,

I have some time to play with the snr at mine because now i am with a capped profile of 4 mbps (my choice) so the tweak has not point for me ... but if remember correctly say you lower by -30 ... then if you want to go back to default you will need to do vdsl snr 30 this time ... maybe that is your issue?

If you have add -10 then an other time -20 ... if you want to go back at the default , you may need remember to add 30 (positive value set higher the snr)

can try 0 as well but i think you need put back the opposite value for returning

Ahh... got it, so it's plus or minus .1db up to a max of Plus or minus 5db from the default, which is 6db. Correct?

More
21 Nov 2014 16:48 #81889 by babis3g
sorry maybe my English as well

if original snr was 6 and now 7...
you need to use vdsl snr -10
that will bring back down to 1 db so will be 6

each 10 value at telnet will do 1 db in real effect of the line

mines ( - ) lower the snr ... fast speed but more unstable line
positive values ( + ) will set higher the snr, lower speed but more stable line

• marjohn56
  • Topic Author
More
22 Nov 2014 10:33 #81890 by marjohn56
@babis3g

Well, I run the non vector firmware this morning that is in the beta RC4 archive. First thing I noticed is there is no DSL status menu option!
It's running the same modem firmware as the general release version, so it did not stay running on my system for very long! It did sync up at 68Mbps, but I know there is a bug in that version that does not display any errors, without that I cannot tell whether it's happy or not.

I have gone back to the Vector1 firmware, as I seem to get fewer CRC errors, although it's marginal and could be simply down to external factors during the 36 hours I ran the Vector2 version.

More
22 Nov 2014 18:22 #81892 by babis3g
Thanks for letting me know about the new dsl stats page, perhaps because they are beta, will see final release & for my model

About the vector, as said even for my adsl line at least for me it works better, more stable snr & less errors here, other user have loaded the vector and with vdsl ( broadcom exchange but not dlm) it gave even slightly higher speed, that is why i mention the vector, is the same routing firmware just the dsl modem code change

http://www.draytek.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=1226&Itemid=293&lang=en

• marjohn56
  • Topic Author
More
02 Dec 2014 18:08 #82005 by marjohn56
@babis3g

Thought you might like to see this:

Moderators: Sami