DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor2850n BeThere ISP Drop outs

• mrjolly
  • Topic Author
More
16 Jun 2012 08:40 #72619 by mrjolly
Replied by mrjolly on topic Re: Vigor2850n BeThere ISP Drop outs
I'm coming to the same conclusion repoman. And thanks all you guys for the information it's been very helpful.

I'm in contact with Draytek support now and they are gathering information so I'll await their recommendations. BE are also going to help analyse the line in real-time with me to see if they can narrow down any causes that I could pass back to Draytek.

I'm certainly convinced it's not the line specifically as the other modems sync solidly. However it could be the kit they are using at the exchange end that just doesn't play nicely with the Draytek.

I'm hoping to get the Vigor plugged into a completely different line on a different (non-LLU) provider over this weekend, if it works then that may suggest it could be an issue based on the combination of the Vigor and either my line quality or the exchange. I'm trying to record as much information as possible so that if anyone else befalls this problem they might be able to save themselves some time... assuming I get a resolution!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jun 2012 09:47 #72620 by usel1999
Replied by usel1999 on topic Re: Vigor2850n BeThere ISP Drop outs
If it's not then perhaps there is an issue with this router itself and I will get it exchanged.

More
16 Jun 2012 18:08 #72625 by davidmatthewson
Replied by davidmatthewson on topic Re: Vigor2850n BeThere ISP Drop outs
I've just tried out 3 different firmwares but with no luck..

362A-2471201 == doesn't even gain sync
362a-232201 == ditto
362-std == gains sync after 30 secs or so and holds the line for about 90 minutes but then goes into flip flop mode - drops line, reconnects, drops line etc.

So back to the old Speedtouch 585 v6 which just... works.

For the record, this is ADSL 2 8Mbps with en, normally very reliable. The 2850 is 3 days old & brand new. ,,, so now back to Draytek support.

Not good at all...

David

More
18 Jun 2012 03:50 #72635 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Vigor2850n BeThere ISP Drop outs
Hi again just a small suggestion which may tried already
have you tried annex m and Gmt mode in the settings if make difference (with 361 standard firmware????Gmt if i spell it correct is good when the line is far it helps synchronise

• mrjolly
  • Topic Author
More
19 Jun 2012 15:22 #72663 by mrjolly
Replied by mrjolly on topic Re: Vigor2850n BeThere ISP Drop outs
Thanks for the feedback. I've tried pretty much every permutation of setting including suggestions from Draytek themselves.

They've sent me an RMA so will see what they find on the box itself. I'm not hopeful but who knows.

Looking out my window there are BT vans working on the new FTTC-looking cabinet outside so with any luck these issues will be a mute point and this box will work with VDSL better!

More
19 Jun 2012 15:42 #72664 by davidmatthewson
Replied by davidmatthewson on topic Re: Vigor2850n BeThere ISP Drop outs
I'm in the same position - I've got an RMA from Draytek to return the brand new box after having tried various tweaks and firmware -

Frankly I'm not too impressed - normally IMHE Drayteks just plug in and work - these 2850s seem too unreliable to risk recommending for clients at present. Shame.

Let's see what happens with the RMA..

D

Moderators: Sami