DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor2850n BeThere ISP Drop outs

• mrjolly
  • Topic Author
More
14 Jun 2012 20:43 #72602 by mrjolly
Replied by mrjolly on topic Re: Vigor2850n BeThere ISP Drop outs
Just had a look at the topic, very interesting.

Well I've tried the older firmware and again with various modem codes (the std one, highest one and the one you suggested) to no avail. I was hopeful at it was solid for all of 5 mins, then those CRC errors starting building up and it was game over. It certainly seems to come back up quicker with the 3.3.6.1 firmware but it's not solved my issues.

I then disabled pretty much every other function on the device (firewall, QoS, DoS etc), removing USB disk and turned off Wi-Fi the lot. Still the magic 5-6 mins then dropped connection again.

One question: did you use the dual-wan adaptor or are you straight into the port?

Reading your posts on the other topic I am in your camp as it were, I've invested time into researching the router and trying to get it going because if it did what it's supposed to it should be a dream to use. At present it's just a nightmare.

If I still cannot get this to work I will likely try and see if I can get a replacement just to see if it's a hardware thing but failing that I will have to look at a full refund because I don't think my heart can take any more of the suffering! I plug the original speedtouch modem in and I'm up and running with a stable line in no time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jun 2012 21:52 #72604 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Vigor2850n BeThere ISP Drop outs
Is this a vigr2850 too? Did you try setting ADSL fixed instead of ADSL/VDSL autoselect ?

Forum Administrator

More
15 Jun 2012 04:34 #72605 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Vigor2850n BeThere ISP Drop outs
Hi try UK_SEG only 3.6.1 232..... annex A or 3.6.1 the 2471201.annex A

the vdsl light at front is flashing with me as well so must be bug for that use 3.6.1

do as i say

wan >general set up>wan 1
enable yes,fallback mode adsl, physical type autonavigation>always on>click OK

go to wan again >internet access and choice > wan 1 > mpoa/static or dynamic>details page
(if is not let you access it go via wan 1 ip6 and click the midlle tap>mpoa static or dynamic)

then set it as
http://beusergroup.co.uk/technotes/index.php/Connection_settings
top left page click ebnable
vci 101,
vpi 0,
mtu 1500,
Encapsulation 1483 llc ip bridged
Modulation: G.992.5 adsl 2+
WAN Connection Detection always On
at top right page click optain ip automatic so click it
you can add manually for make sure the dns servers if you want

press/click OK down page & when ask restart the router with current configuration and enjoy

• mrjolly
  • Topic Author
More
15 Jun 2012 07:33 #72606 by mrjolly
Replied by mrjolly on topic Re: Vigor2850n BeThere ISP Drop outs
Thanks admin and babis3g.

Unfortunately I have tried all of those configurations you have suggested with no change in the behaviour of the line.

Bear in mind I have also tried most other permutations too, including setting it as VDSL (just in case it's a wrong-way-around kinda bug) but again no joy.

My next option will be to ask BE to switch me back to ADSL2+ as my line was only on that when I tried with the original firmware version. So I will get them to do that and I'll try the other versions of the firmware again.

More
15 Jun 2012 15:06 #72615 by repoman
Replied by repoman on topic Re: Vigor2850n BeThere ISP Drop outs
I have it plugged into the port direct i didn't have any form of adapter.
It was a real pain for me. I had BT engineers twice and they rewired my line from outside and then did a lift and shift at the exchange so I knew there was an issue with the router. Unfortunately Draytek support couldn't help as I believe a lot of people use these routers with fibre. IMHO there are a limited amount of us using them with ADSL2 and certain ISPs don't sync up.
I logged all of the sys logs for a few days in the height of my troubles and it looked like there was a ping to BT which failed then the router would reboot. Some days it would be a few hours and others it would be every few minutes.
I just took a look and my SNR is 3 with my Attn at 47 but the routers been up for some 500 hours the last internet drop out around 4 days ago which is normal with my SNR. I do have approx 7000 cry errors but I don't have a tremendous amount of faith in the measurement.
Try getting back to Draytek support, if I re call correctly they actually tested my router on the BE service and it seemed to perform on 3.6.1 but as I mentioned since I put it back to 3.3.6.1 I seemed to be stable so I haven't messed with it.
In the height of my frustration I took a 2710 that I used elsewhere and configured that and funnily enough it was completely stable, so I really believe there is something in the 2850 s that don't like ADSL but thats my opinion.
When I get the nerve I ll have a go at upgrading my firmware to the new version and see if its stable......but it maybe sometime.

Sorry I can't be more help.

More
15 Jun 2012 18:11 #72617 by babis3g
Replied by babis3g on topic Re: Vigor2850n BeThere ISP Drop outs
i would say to contact the support team of draytek,dunno maybe is faulty ... i dont see why it should not synchronise once are the correct settings
mine with TT is very good and synchronise same as TT (d-link)modem
i do get many errors but dont know if they are real.i have not notice any trouble in the adsl line while i use the draytek
if they are real errors then it may need more work on it
can you try it with any friend of yours with same BE connection?if will synchronise?

Moderators: Sami